Hello

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

rb_360

Hello

#1 Post by rb_360 »

Greetings all. Thanks for having me. I'm Bob and I'm the guy that recently took over the care and feeding of Tom's 360 sedan. (He was sayin' something about brakes?) We've got some big hills here in the western Catskill foothills - for now the 360 will be taking the long way around. I'm also currently restoring a 1959 Berkeley SE492 and a '71 Yamaha CS3B.

I'd like to add that I appreciate all Jamie, Brian and Ed's efforts on behalf of these little cars and their owners.

BOR in hand,
Bob

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

Re: Hello

#2 Post by 2stroketurbo »

Welcome Bob, nice little car you got there, Tom got you off to a great start. Most of the new owners introduced here can't say there car runs and drives....You are way ahead of the game
ImageImageImage

carlofsumner
360 Master

#3 Post by carlofsumner »

Welcome to the club Bob. Mark (2stroketurbo) is right about not all the 360s being in as nice of shape as yours. See my post and pictures here; viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3528

While mine is a fixer, there are many in much worse shape than mine. I'm not complaining as I will get a lot of help from this club and you will as well, if you ask for it.

CDJ
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#4 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome Bob, You were lucky to get such a good start. Tom had a nice 360.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

oldone
360 Master

#5 Post by oldone »

Welcome Bob You have a great start with the sedan. I have a Berkeley SE 328 waiting in the restoration row & as always looking for parts. Subaru parts are hard to find but the club members are known for sharing them and Info. I haven;t found a place for Berkeleys Or Trojan 200s, that is even close to this group of guys & gals.

rb_360

#6 Post by rb_360 »

Oldone, I suppose you're a member of the Berkeley Yahoo group? (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Berkeley-USA/join). The BEC (Berkeley Enthusiasts Club) has a pretty decent spares department, though they're over in England. I've been pleasantly surprised with the Subaru parts prices (for what's available anyways).

oldone
360 Master

#7 Post by oldone »

rb_360 wrote:Oldone, I suppose you're a member of the Berkeley Yahoo group? (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Berkeley-USA/join). The BEC (Berkeley Enthusiasts Club) has a pretty decent spares department, though they're over in England. I've been pleasantly surprised with the Subaru parts prices (for what's available anyways).
Thanks for the info on the yahoo group, will ck into it. the exchange rate, pound vrs dollar plus shipping from the UK is like buying 360 parts from Japan. :shock: CRAZY :lol: