hello im a new member ( chad )

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

chaddy

hello im a new member ( chad )

#1 Post by chaddy »

i think i have a 68 360 deluxe, thats what the tail lights say for year. i never blogged or forumed anybody before so hope i get this. i would like to say im in sacramento, ca and i was a little scared to do this car, but kids will love it so im going to try. i would like to say i need coil, points, cap and rotor to see if it will run. i was suprised to not see a simple parts list to buy parts put together on this site ? if it runs then i will rebuild it and then brakes, body. im also missing the driver side seat position piece that holds the seat up or forward, mine is missing so the seat back wont stay in place. it looks like its maybe aluminum ? has anybody converted one to convertible without doing a snap system all the way around, would like to try fold back like the vw's had ? also if anybody has a hood, r front fender and the lower body piece that goes between the front fender and hood with the lower bracket i would like to know . and a spare rim - thanks

carlofsumner
360 Master

Re: hello im a new member ( chad )

#2 Post by carlofsumner »

Chad:

Welcome to the club! You will find a tremendous amount of help here. Just keep asking. You will also get a Book of Reprints electronically, study this for answers to some of your questions. If you can't find answers there the members will certainly help you sort out what you need.

CDJ
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#3 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome, I'm sure someone closer has those pcs. Try Subarubill I think it was that was buying Natalies sedans.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

oldone
360 Master

#4 Post by oldone »

Hi Chaddy , Welcome to the club. :) Your Kids will never forget the Subaru 360 as some of the clubmembers remember their parents 360s from when they were still kids. As for the parts list to buy from, I wish there was one! But you will find that this group will share parts & fixes that we have to keep the the 360s going, as ED Parsil who cofounded the club on this idea years ago & its still the rule we go by today! Ed has alot of parts still & has a list of what he has. Email him at subaru360nut@aol.com

StevenM
360 Master

#5 Post by StevenM »

Chad,
Welcome to the club! By all means be sure to ask plenty of questions here as you go through your 360. Folks here love to pitch in their ideas. AND there's 32 years of tech notes to dig through in the "BOR" - have you been given the link to download that yet? Also if you need any manuals see the link to my website below.

Oh, and post pictures whenever you can. Use them to illustrate whatever needs fixing, or just to show folks how things are going!

Steve

'70 Subaru 360 Young http://www.mysubaru360.com
'71 Honda 600 Coupe http://www.honda600coupe.com
'78 MG Midget http://www.1978mgmidget.com

books1
360 Master

#6 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club from way down here, downunder, Chad!

I second what the others have said! :)

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#7 Post by subaru360nut »

Chad - welcome to The Club!
If your VIN is K111L 3587 or lower it is a '68 and will have a 3-speed transaxle
If K111L 3588 or above it is a '69 or '70 and has a 4-speed.

Ed Parsil in Tucson AZ
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!