Just Getting Started......

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

Subaruba

Just Getting Started......

#1 Post by Subaruba »

Hi to all who may still visit these boards. (which I hope is the case due to my new found love.)
So here I am with my family one night discussing what to do with a Chevy Blazer that we are debating about selling, when my boyfriend draws my attention to a picture of (dramatic pause) a subaru 360.
"What about if we sell the Blazer and get this?" he says
From that moment, things were in slow motion....its beautiful. The perfect car! Me + big cars/trucks don't mix, I'll admit I'm a woman driver.
Every couple of weekends during the summer, a nearby Diner has what they call "Cruise Nights", people come and bring their Classic, junkers and new fancy cars to show off and talk and have a good time.
We usually bring a very nice 66 Nova (My boyfriend also races this car, its so exciting) I can't wait to finally be able to drive the kids up to Cruise night with a Subaru 360! I've never seen anything like it around here.
As a matter of fact, I've never even heard of the Subaru 360 until my boyfriend introduced me. My parents have always been Subaru fans, we've always had one but yet, I don't remember this model.
I guess that pretty much sums it up. I'm a young new fan, eager to get involved, craving to bring out the best in my own 360 that I hope to own soon.
If anyone has read this far and is selling or knows of anyone selling one PLEASE let me know! I promise you we will take care of it, appreciate it and so on and so on...... :wink:
If ever there were a car to love, it would be the 360...

MJ
360 Master

#2 Post by MJ »

Welcome!

You have chosen wisely! 360's are great fun! :P

Have you seen the posting for the 360 Young S in Western Pennsilvania, under the For Sale section? I think it is the third listing down on the board, right now.

The Young S model is the "sports package". It has some different trim features, etc. I would check this one out first and join the club ($6!). There are cars listed for sale in the newsletter.

Good luck with your search and join the club!

MJ

75subie

#3 Post by 75subie »

hi
i am in NY, and i might be able to help. where in PA are you? are you looking for a running/driving 360, or is a restorable one ok? how much are you willing to spend?

Subaruba

#4 Post by Subaruba »

Hi again!
Our search continues, we measured a spot in the Garage yesterday and are DELIGHTED to discover that our future 360 will fit nicely beside the Nova.
To MJ - - - Yes we did check out the Young in Western PA....after a discussion we did decide however that we do not want the "Sports Package" model.
The tip was much appreciated though! And to let you know, we are joining the club! When is the next Newsletter going to be sent out? Is there a way to get the last copy?
To 75Subie (and anyone else you may have some ideas) - - - After reading the questions posted, My boyfriend and I had a long talk about what exactly we wanted. When we first thought about it, we just thought we'd jump right in and get whatever we saw. Silly us, our likes and dislikes were spouting out fast!
Here is what would be ideal for us: Not wanting to spend too much money right now, we were hoping our price range would be no more than $2,000 perferably less of course, but that is our set limit. A running car would be great, but atleast with the potential to run, we have faith that we can get it to run, its the body cosmetics that we would like to be semi-decent. The classic white would be first pick. Some interior, seats, steering wheel, (ok you can laugh) would be good. (We are planning to have a white car with Red interior in the end of it all...But lets not jump too far ahead)
We expect some rust, but don't want something that we will need to completely restore. Does this make any sense or does it sound like I still don't know what I want? :oops:
And the location? We are in Fleetwood - Southeast PA, about 20 Minutes from Reading and 45 Minutes North of Philadelphia.
Once again, thank you so much to anyone that can help or may have tips. I admit, I am very new to this, and I welcome any advice or comments! Now if you will excuse me, I need to do some more research before bed...goodnight..... :D
If ever there were a car to love, it would be the 360...