User approval

Discussion forum or Subaru360Club.org Site Feedback - Let us hear your suggestions to make our club better!

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

carlofsumner
360 Master

User approval

#1 Post by carlofsumner »

I was just on the Facebook page and saw this. Does it really take this long to get approval for new members?

As I’m waiting for my log in to be activated on the Subaru 360 Club forum (going on 3 weeks now) I’ve got a few things that I don’t know where they go or what actually belongs there.

I’ve got a couple wires hanging in under the rear seat as pictured and I’m not sure what the original part is that goes where the bungee is attached on the carb.

Help is appreciated in advance!
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

Re: User approval

#2 Post by subaru360nut »

Carl - I couldn't find a photo and it's been a long time since I had a sedan
BUT the only wires I remember under the back seat were for the blower
unit for the heater.

Hope I am not jinxing myself but I had a terrible time getting on the forum
for at least a couple of years - but since the last update it has not blocked
me out (yet) :|

Ed
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

oldone
360 Master

#3 Post by oldone »

Sometimes Brian has been busy making a living, but I hope he gets the new members on the forum soon. I have campaigned hard on the face book 360 page to get them here. This is the place to be for serious or newbies 360ers to be. We need the forum to secede, not like some of the other Micro car ones who have left the internet with all the information.
The upper wire is to the dome /room light, the lower is to the heater fan motor. Dome / Room lite color code red /white, heater fan motor blue / white.

carlofsumner
360 Master

#4 Post by carlofsumner »

That was something I saw on the facebook page, not something I wrote. I was just trying to show why some people might not want to join us on this forum if it takes 3 weeks or longer to join. Do we only have one person who can approve new members? If so, maybe we should consider having more than one so that it doesn't take a long time to join the forum.
Carl D

oldone
360 Master

#5 Post by oldone »

I would 2nd that, as I try to get the newbie on face book to join us here. This was a great forum, but everyone is going to instant reply face book. Some of the other forums I was on are now gone from the internet along with all the info.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#6 Post by kjrcace360fan »

We need to get as many people as possible on here.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

oldone
360 Master

#7 Post by oldone »

Jamie are you ever on here??? or Brian??? You are going to let this die.....If you are not interested any more pass the torch to some one else. Sign these people up!!!

carlofsumner
360 Master

#8 Post by carlofsumner »

Can we get an amen?
Carl D

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#9 Post by kjrcace360fan »

amen
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

oldone
360 Master

#10 Post by oldone »

Jamie, Brian, Jon any help here or are you all writing the forum off??? Reply!!

LeeBuckman
360 Master

#11 Post by LeeBuckman »

oldone wrote: 3 years ago Jamie are you ever on here??? or Brian??? You are going to let this die.....If you are not interested any more pass the torch to some one else. Sign these people up!!!
Yes, echo that. Don't let this place disappear

oldone
360 Master

#12 Post by oldone »

Carl could the fires out your way be affecting Brian or Jamie?????

carlofsumner
360 Master

#13 Post by carlofsumner »

oldone wrote: 3 years ago Carl could the fires out your way be affecting Brian or Jamie?????
I don't believe so. I PMed both of them last night and so far neither have responded. I have also tried sigmaz at his email and it has bounced, contacted subiegal at her website and it bounced, then sent a PM thru her facebook account hopefully that will work.
Carl D

oldone
360 Master

#14 Post by oldone »

Thanks We may be floating around without person in charge. We need to find out if they are interested in the club anymore? This club should not be left to die.

carlofsumner
360 Master

#15 Post by carlofsumner »

I absolutely agree, but neither has gotten back to me yet!
Carl D

rex6219

#16 Post by rex6219 »

Hi,

The response from Jamie has been slower than normal. I try to check the club email everyday or so regularly. I am on the forum a bit less, so the subaru360club@gmail is the best way to contact.
I myself only do the email box and generate the newsletters. The website was done sometime before I was around and I do not have any administrator rights. I think the best thing is to keep trying to contact through the club Facebook page. Jamie is the moderator for the Facebook page also.

Brian

oldone
360 Master

#17 Post by oldone »

Brian did you get the Newbies access yet?? Thanks for the reply. I try to get the Newbies on face book to join the club & this forum for information.

JustinTheSambar
360 Fanatic

#18 Post by JustinTheSambar »

Having a single moderator/administrator seems insufficient to keep things ticking smoothly here. I'd suggest tapping someone who posts regularly and has been in the forum for a while. Best I can tell the core members all get along. I'd volunteer myself only for my computer expertise... as I've minimal 360 experience and only been a member for a year. I'm an advocate of keeping content here (not on FB).

MRTHMBL
360 Fanatic

#19 Post by MRTHMBL »

carlofsumner wrote: 3 years ago I was just on the Facebook page and saw this. Does it really take this long to get approval for new members?

As I’m waiting for my log in to be activated on the Subaru 360 Club forum (going on 3 weeks now) I’ve got a few things that I don’t know where they go or what actually belongs there.

I’ve got a couple wires hanging in under the rear seat as pictured and I’m not sure what the original part is that goes where the bungee is attached on the carb.

Help is appreciated in advance!
Thanks Carl! That user was me and I do now have access. I sent in my application to join on Oct 5 and was finally able to log in Nov 28 or 29. I wasn't notified of when my account was activated, so I am not sure how long it actually took but it was definitely over a month. I personally found it strange that the 360 Club was still on a forum and not just Facebook, but that's also my generation. I used forums 10+ years ago when social networking didn't have group pages, but now it's all on Facebook. In fact, the only reason I use Facebook today is to gain access to a couple groups I am a part of.

That being said, I am very appreciative that I was finally able to access the forum, and look forward to sharing my cars progress and watching the Club's projects.

Adam

carlofsumner
360 Master

#20 Post by carlofsumner »

Adam:

Welcome to the forum, finally! You will find a lot of historical stuff and expertise here that you won't get on a facebook page or group.
Carl D

books1
360 Master

#21 Post by books1 »

Yes, both mediums have different strengths (although I still have no desire to be on FB) Welcome to the Club, Adam!