Old Member New to Forum

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

600MILES

Old Member New to Forum

#1 Post by 600MILES »

Hello - I was a member back in the 1980s when Rev. Ed was president and Lou Crank was still selling Subaru 360 parts at the dealership, when the dues were only $3.60, before the internet and all that modern stuff. I got my first 360 sedan around 1982. It was parked down the street from my Honda 600 shop in San Jose CA off Kings Row. It wasn't a runner and I am pretty sure had a hole in the piston. Really don't recall where it went. Years later I met JP Chand, he had Subaru 360s starting at the age of 12 and he had 1 when we met. We were best friends for years and he also liked Honda 600s. I bought a 360 van from him and life was good. I had heard about and always wanted to attend the SW Unique Car Meet. Years later I was finally able to attend with Bruce Dewing, we actually flew to the meet in Las Vegas. There was all kinds of small cars there and we stayed with Ray Cave in his converted Grey Hound bus. Ray had a shortened Honda 600 that he would drive up into the baggage compartment for transport.

In 1989 I moved to the Santa Cruz mountains and saw a Subaru 360 truck sitting on the side of Hwy 9 in Santa Cruz for $500. It was either sold by or had been owned by Tom Roddey. It was blue and in really nice condition. I drove it around quite a lot then sold it and got a 360 sedan, never got it driving and sold to a friend, John Russell from Pittsburgh CA. So between when I got my first Honda 600 in 1979 and 1993 I had owned lots of other small cars.

Now I am just trying to focus on a few cars I own, the recent Subaru 360 sedan, a 1957 Isetta, Honda 600 coupe, Powell truck, '37 Ford - these are all projects, none drive or are close to driving. I am living in Southern Oregon near Eagle Point. I sell Honda 600 parts & make fixit videos for same and have also made a couple 360 vids. My user name for everything I do is always 600miles.

Miles
Attachments
My shortened Honda 600
My shortened Honda 600
The van I had in mid '80s
The van I had in mid '80s
The truck I had early '90s
The truck I had early '90s
My Fuji Rabbit 150 Super
My Fuji Rabbit 150 Super
MCWMFuji.jpg (34.13 KiB) Viewed 1115 times

oldone
360 Master

Re: Old Member New to Forum

#2 Post by oldone »

You go way back, glad to have you back...

books1
360 Master

#3 Post by books1 »

A warm (and BOY, is it WARM down here!) welcome back from downunder, Miles!

- I'm sure as I said in the other forum topic (Ed's VIN listing) that we have communicated a long time ago about Hondas - be they either S600s or 1300 Coupes (I had both back then, only a Subaru and a 1300 Coupe nowadays)

great to hear from you,

Cheers,

Ian

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#4 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome. :mrgreen:
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy