Hello from the great white nord! :D

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

UpNordSubie
360 Newbie

Hello from the great white nord! :D

#1 Post by UpNordSubie »

Hello all!

Just picking up my first Subaru 360 project.

Not new to projects, cars, motorcycles, etc. I build a lot of pretty fun stuff on the side, so this will be a good time for me. Hoping to pick your brains here and there regarding a few things.

Will update with the pics of my car soon as I get over to pick it up tomorrow.

Also, I'm gonna be getting rid of a lot of the parts from it for this project. I love little cars, and I think they are a blast to drive, but I want something pretty unique and significantly more HP/TQ so there will be a few parts up to get rid of.

I am a professional welder/fabricator by trade, I do body work and engine stuff on the side (Mostly custom bikes and hot rods) so if there is anything I can do to lend a hand around these parts please let me know!

oldone
360 Master

Re: Hello from the great white nord! :D

#2 Post by oldone »

Welcome Our brains can be picked! We'll pick your parts. Pics soon please. And MORE info on project???? Location???

rogerbhp
360 Master

#3 Post by rogerbhp »

Along with old one (Wayne), I say welcome to the club! Where are you? Roger

oldone
360 Master

#4 Post by oldone »

oldone wrote:Welcome Our brains can be picked! We'll pick your parts. Pics soon please. And MORE info on project???? Location???
Hey that could be a new TV series! 360 Pickers????? :lol: :lol:

carlofsumner
360 Master

#5 Post by carlofsumner »

He's from the "great white nord". That's got to be the area around the Bonneville Salt Flats right? Welcome to the club, keep in mind some of the club members are in their 60s and 70s and that means they are from the 50s and 60s and may not have too many brain cells to spare now, but they will happily loan them to you, but you'll have to remember to return them, they need all they can get. What am I saying they for, they are me!

CDJ
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

oldone
360 Master

#6 Post by oldone »

carlofsumner wrote:He's from the "great white nord". That's got to be the area around the Bonneville Salt Flats right? Welcome to the club, keep in mind some of the club members are in their 60s and 70s and that means they are from the 50s and 60s and may not have too many brain cells to spare now, but they will happily loan them to you, but you'll have to remember to return them, they need all they can get. What am I saying they for, they are me!

CDJ
I have the repo man out looking for mine, a 50% return would be fantasic! :roll: :wink:

Thats a bit confusing, Their in their 60s & 70s from the 50s & 60s :?: :shock: :?

UpNordSubie
360 Newbie

#7 Post by UpNordSubie »

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm located in Duluth, Minnesnowda. Born in north central MN and lived here most of my life aside from a short period in Denver, CO.

The 360 I am picking up is in somewhat rough shape, but I've worked with worse. (a 23' Overland Model 91 touring car body that was cut into three pieces because it had 30 foot trees growing up through it after sitting in the woods since the 1940's comes to mind. Haha) I'm gonna go through and clean it up, do a few simple body mods, suspension mods, etc. and put something a bit more "peppy" in the back for power. So the stock engine, trans, etc. will be available, as will a lot of the interior and stuff. Can't wait to start on this project though....always wanted a 360 in the worst way.

Oh....not in my 60's yet, personally. Still a child at 32. ;)

carlofsumner
360 Master

#8 Post by carlofsumner »

See what I mean about brain cells. Guys in their 60s and 70s grew up in the 50s and 60s when a certain "weed" was very popular, along with other chemicals and it made them lose a few of their brain cells. What remains are ready to be borrowed. Good luck! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

UpNordSubie
360 Newbie

#9 Post by UpNordSubie »

Got it home. Here's the car. It needs some love, but I think it's cool enough to spend some hours on and give it a new lease on life. :D

(those pics are from my buddy's shop that it was sitting at, not my house. ha)

I'll be making a list of prospective parts that will be available and put them up in the for sale section.

Just recently got my garage re-wired to run my TIG welder again, so that will come in SUPER handy here.

Will update as she goes.

oldone
360 Master

#10 Post by oldone »

Thanks for the pics! Looks pretty complete with good glass.

UpNordSubie
360 Newbie

#11 Post by UpNordSubie »

Yup, all good glass. Few extras too in there that will be available. Im gonna take everything that's piled inside out and get an inventory when I get home from work tomorrow.

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#12 Post by subaru360nut »

Welcome to The Club! I've been thru Duluth several times, have a daughter in
Madison WI. If you didn't get the BOOK OF REPRINTS when you joined get it
asap, it's available to members online free and at cost on CD or in print, it will
answer 99.44% of the questions you ever have, whether mechanical or
historical, on Subaru 360s.

If you ever get to Tucson AZ come see us.

Ed Parsil
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

UpNordSubie
360 Newbie

#13 Post by UpNordSubie »

Will do Ed!

I've thoroughly enjoyed Duluth since we moved here. Don't really want to live in another part of the country after growin up here/living in this area!

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#14 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome! Great to see another 360 on the mend.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

books1
360 Master

#15 Post by books1 »

carlofsumner wrote:See what I mean about brain cells. Guys in their 60s and 70s grew up in the 50s and 60s when a certain "weed" was very popular, along with other chemicals and it made them lose a few of their brain cells. What remains are ready to be borrowed. Good luck! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scuse I,

Me never touched the stuff!

soder33

#16 Post by soder33 »

Welcome, I have an Uncle living in Two Harbors and usually get up there 2 or more times a year. I grew up along the St. Croix River 20 miles north of Stillwater and now live in Hudson WI, but still work in the Twin Cities. Nice to see someone from the Nord.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.