Another new guy from Washington Re-Do

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

Beezaplex
360 Newbie

Another new guy from Washington Re-Do

#1 Post by Beezaplex »

Here are the photos of my car again after they were dumped during the server change or whatever it was:

Here is the photo of the VW master Cylinder identified by club members:

The reason the master cylinder kept jamming was the missing circlip/ distorted retaining washer:

I'm on the lookout for the Tunbuckle body ( or simply the length of the body so I can make my own) that threads onto the Parking Brake Rod that ties these two ends together

Help! Help! Does anyone have access to one of the turnbuckle bodies they can measure for me?(just the length of the body is fine) I have on hand the 8mm hexagon stock and the Right hand and Left hand 5mm X .90 taps that are required. I have plenty of material to make some extras for Ed to have in his parts supply.

I also am looking for the loan of an old (or a new one if it exists!), mostly intact parking brake cable (rusted solid is fine, and I will return it when I am done) I can use as a sample to get measurements from. I have made all kinds of control cables for old motorcyles, and can machine the various fittings to make a good copy. I can make extras of those too!

Ed has kindly sent me a usable, stock Master Cylinder that I am rebuilding along with all the wheel cylinders that are heading to Sierra for sleeving. Next week I will stop by Metal Frictions here in Seattle, to have new linings bonded to the shoes.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!!

oldone
360 Master

Re: Another new guy from Washington Re-Do

#2 Post by oldone »

Nice looking sedan. But I have to ask, did the crease in the front fender Just appear after the melt of the forum site. I like the way your going doing your brakes. But would suggest adding new rubber lines for a carefree brake system. By the way WELCOME!!!

Sigmaz
Site Admin

#3 Post by Sigmaz »

Hey! I'm big on rally badges.
Whatcha got on that hood?
I see some red and some blue. Could be stickers could be badges.. I'd love to see them.

Post some pics of that hood.
-Jon
ImageImage
'The little su-BAR-u... Wow.'

books1
360 Master

#4 Post by books1 »

Sigmaz wrote:Hey! I'm big on rally badges.
Whatcha got on that hood?
I see some red and some blue. Could be stickers could be badges.. I'd love to see them.

Post some pics of that hood.
Yes pweeez! That badge with the red border looks suspiciously like a Japanese Subaru 360 Car Club sticker - was yours a direct import car by any chance?

Cheers,

Ian

Beezaplex
360 Newbie

#5 Post by Beezaplex »

Yeah, I think the dent was the final straw for the previous owner. He and his boys had done a ton of work on the car , including the paint, and were pretty disheartened when a tree branch landed on it. I''l have to think up a disguise for the crease before the car show....maybe one of the jumbo Band-aids that has "OW!" printed on it?! Body work is not my strong suit, so that type of thing has to wait until she is mobile.

The badge was some sort of club insignia for a church group the former owner was involved in...I don't remember which one, but it was a quality porcelain enamel badge that looked pretty cool and he wanted back. I'll post a photo of the hood down too

Beezaplex
360 Newbie

#6 Post by Beezaplex »

Here is another shot with the hood down:

Beezaplex
360 Newbie

#7 Post by Beezaplex »

Here is a shot of my only other Subaru 360 exposure:

I think this was 1985 or so. My friend Mike bought this Subie and I provided the truck to haul it in. Never did hear if he got her running or not...I think he did.

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#8 Post by 2stroketurbo »

Great pic !
ImageImageImage

books1
360 Master

#9 Post by books1 »

Beezaplex wrote:(...)The badge was some sort of club insignia for a church group the former owner was involved in...I don't remember which one,(...)
I'd heard a mob called "The Shriners" was into the Subies for some time.... methinks they were/are unique to USA, yeah? Could that be them perhaps?

Cheers,

Ian

Beezaplex
360 Newbie

#10 Post by Beezaplex »

Does anyone know if Ed is vacationing? Just got my brake cylinders back from sierra and need to piece together the rubber bits for them....

Heres another pic of the Subie fetching from long ago:

books1
360 Master

#11 Post by books1 »

Great pics indeed! - is that a Corvair poking its nose in at the RH side?

Cheers,

Ian

Beezaplex
360 Newbie

#12 Post by Beezaplex »

Hey Ian, yep you're right a Corvair indeed! Do you see many down in your part of the world? If I remember right, my pal in this photo was driving it that day. Most of my friends had them here and there since they were cheap and different. Here is a neat film to watch:

http://archive.org/details/Corvairi1960

books1
360 Master

#13 Post by books1 »

Yeah..... as usual, Nader got it wrong!

There's a few down under. I see a really nice one at the Classic Car Show we have here every year.

Cheers,

Ian

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#14 Post by subaru360nut »

I am back. Any time I am not on the website for a week or more you can
assume I am out of town.

Ed
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!