Meatopher01 from Medford Oregon

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

Meatopher01

Meatopher01 from Medford Oregon

#1 Post by Meatopher01 »

Good afternoon friends,
I am here after I spent 2 years in search of a Subaru 360. This all started when my wife (Ashlee 26) saw a 1969 Subaru 360 Van at the dealership on display. She decided she had to have one so I started my search. Its myself (Christopher 28), Ashlee and our Beagle Mack that have set out to rebuild these little guys. I stumbled upon 2 Subaru 360's. 1971 Subaru 360 Deluxe and a 1969 Subaru 360 Young S. These little guys were rotting in a field for 30 years before we dug them out. I am setting out to rebuild the Young S and mostly got the Deluxe for parts. Not sure what I am going to do with the Deluxe but I have plans to rebuild at some point but the Young S is the priority. Its nice to meet everyone as I am sure I will have a lot of questions and need a lot of help. I would love to show pictures if I could figure out how to do it. Any help?

Christopher

foyfarlow
360 Fanatic

Re: Meatopher01 from Medford Oregon

#2 Post by foyfarlow »

hey welcome aboard =)
got pictures? hopefully yours is in better shape than mine was when i found it

Meatopher01

#3 Post by Meatopher01 »

Ok so I read the tutorial, signed up for photobucket, and here it goes. Have patients because I am an apple user and all directions were windows based. Here is the pride and joys/trophies dug out of the field in mid July 2010.

Christopher

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#4 Post by 2stroketurbo »

Hey. It looks like you figured out the picture program. I LOVE the stars and stripes hood. So? did you get the helicopter car too? how did you transport the Young with no wheels?

Welcome again to the club!

I think I may have a complete sedan suspension if you need it.
ImageImageImage

Meatopher01

#5 Post by Meatopher01 »

I am going to pick up the helicopter soon. The son wanted to keep the fuselage for the helicopter but he said I could get my hands on the rest. It has the axels and all of the lights along with steering and gauges from another 360. The entire frame was built out of aluminum so I am really wanting to get it home to maybe build something else out of it. The little Young S was picked up by a tractor, and then lowered on a trailer. It seemed like a great idea until the operator of the tractor slammed the bucket on to the roof of the Young S. Does not look like there was any damage but I need to pull the roof to double check.

foyfarlow
360 Fanatic

#6 Post by foyfarlow »

looks like the young has less rust than mine does. im guessing that your going to tranplant the sedans suspension to the young?

Meatopher01

#7 Post by Meatopher01 »

The suspension from the Young is on the helicopter. I am attempting to keep the Deluxe as complete as possible so that maybe someone else will be able to rebuild one. I need it right now to see what all is needed to get the Young back on the road, but the Young is complete enough that I won't need too many parts. The Deluxe has rust damage in the front bottom corners of the door and the roof is cracked in several places. Its missing a Carb and wipers but other then that it is complete. Most likely I will sand it down, clean it up and try to find someone that is looking for a Subaru 360 to rebuild themselves. I am going to use the front fenders and maybe the bumpers off the Deluxe but am unsure so far.

Christopher

Spiffy
360 Fanatic

#8 Post by Spiffy »

great find... love the helicopter car...

--Spiffy/John

MJ
360 Master

#9 Post by MJ »

Wow, Christopher!

Looks like you made a really good purchase!!

Love the stars n stripes hood......I would keep that 'original' and clean up the rest of the body. Very unique and memorable paint scheme!!

Did the driver's side Young fender mirror come with the car?? Might be the only 'tough to find' Young body part?? Front hood emblem there?? Might be another tough find.....but, there are reproductions available through club member Burt Richmond in IL (see roster).

Glad to have you in the club! Keep posting photos!

Another red Young S owner,
-Mark
'70 Subaru 360 Young S
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes."
...Groucho