long time subie fan

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

long time subie fan

#1 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Been around subies since 1980 my parents first GL I believe, Then new ones every 2 years for my Mom, who was a traveling county health nurse. My wife and I had a 93 legacy for 16 years and replaced it with a 2009 and I finally let my 92 Cavalier go in 06 to get my rally fixing STI. 55K later still can't not smile while driving the STI. I've restored a 69 beetle I paid 285 bucks for when I was 14 and worked on it for 2 years to get it road worthy for high school. It blew up my senior year after I noticed heat coming from the heater ducts for the first time, I looked in the rear view mirror to see flames coming out of the carb up through the hood scoop, I rememeber thinking well that explains actually feeling heat from the heater. Then I restored a 75 Datsun pick up which got me through college after completely redoing the cab twice and one crate engine. 75-80 mph for 3 hours at a time was hard on number 2 cylinder, go figure. This was my second Datsun experience my brother and I restored his 72 from a barnyard wreck. Been a car guy since I could lift a wrench and got inspired by an ebay auction for one of these 360's which I had read were very very rare according to drive magazine. I would like to take on one as a project and hopefully get the entertainment of driving one around some and showing it. Funny thing about dad buying so many subies, I only remember changing timing belts, spark plugs, oil and brakes. :mrgreen:
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

Re: long time subie fan

#2 Post by subaru360nut »

Welcome - you will never need to change oil with your Subaru 360 - just keep adding it every 300 miles or so! :D

Ed
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!