Hello from PA!

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

cardcartco

Hello from PA!

#1 Post by cardcartco »

Hello! My name is Diane and I bought a 1969 truck in July last year in hopes of restoring it for my mobile stationery business. Not looking to restore her to original condition but as good as she can be in keeping it original where possible aside from the retail additions to the truck bed. My husband and I call her Sammy and had it running the day after we brought it home, we were unable to drive it because the brakes were locked up. In February we sent the brake components to Karp's and have been impatiently waiting to get them back so that we can test drive and get into the real work now that the weather is good. See her condition on Instagram at @cardcartco and give a follow if you have an account for your 360. We'd love to see what you have!

Here is a list of parts that we are looking for at this point:
- Tailgate
- front bumper
- air box
- badges (original or replicas)
- lenses for all turn signals

Any other advice for first timers of the truck community? I'll be handing this over to my husband who is the technical brains behind this :)
Diane & Dustin
Card Cart Co.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

Re: Hello from PA!

#2 Post by kjrcace360fan »

#1 drop the oil pump and confirm it is only pumping oil into the motor, Confirm it is delivering the correct amount of oil to the motor. The BOR has the procedure for evaluating the oil pump.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

JustinTheSambar
360 Fanatic

#3 Post by JustinTheSambar »

Ha I was on the phone with Karps today myself. In theory they've finished and today shipped the master/brake cylinders for my '64 Ford Econoline... I sent them in March. I drive my Subie often enough that i don't want to take it off the road so long... but really should... to get my brakes less squashy. Hoping you get yours quickly.

MRTHMBL
360 Fanatic

#4 Post by MRTHMBL »

Welcome Diane! I’m keeping an eye out for parts for you. You should post a list in the ‘wanted’ section and send Brian a list for the newsletter.

Adam

books1
360 Master

#5 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club from waaay downunder, Diane & Dustin! :D

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#6 Post by kjrcace360fan »

What part of Pa Are you from? I'm in Charleston WV, I'm pretty sure Jon Bruno is in PA. He's a gold mine of information and skills

cardcartco

#7 Post by cardcartco »

kjrcace360fan wrote: 11 months ago What part of Pa Are you from? I'm in Charleston WV, I'm pretty sure Jon Bruno is in PA. He's a gold mine of information and skills
About an hour northwest of Philadelphia. I'm not familiar with Jon, but if he's on here - hello!

Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages. Once we get the brakes back, we can't wait to dig in!
Diane & Dustin
Card Cart Co.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#8 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Jon is in Hamilton Square, PA
You can also find members by going to the bottom of the page and clicking on "members". Many have their location listed.

Sigmaz
Site Admin

#9 Post by Sigmaz »

I heard my name.
Hey Diane! and welcome to the forums!!!

I am north of Philly as well.
You should know where Stroudsburg is and if so that is roughly where I am located.

Should you need any help just ask. Sacramento is only 80 miles away from here. :P :P :P

Thanks for the flowers Kev! You're the best.
-Jon
ImageImage
'The little su-BAR-u... Wow.'

cardcartco

#10 Post by cardcartco »

Sigmaz wrote: 11 months ago I heard my name.
Hey Diane! and welcome to the forums!!!

I am north of Philly as well.
You should know where Stroudsburg is and if so that is roughly where I am located.

Should you need any help just ask. Sacramento is only 80 miles away from here. :P :P :P

Thanks for the flowers Kev! You're the best.
No kidding! We are located in the Reading area. We are making progress after the long weekend. Thankfully my husband is super resourceful and we've been able to find replacement parts or make due where needed. Definitely appreciate the support, we may need some help as we get deeper into the nitty gritty.
Diane & Dustin
Card Cart Co.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#11 Post by kjrcace360fan »

I knew he'd chime in sometime. We miss the lab rat.

Sigmaz
Site Admin

#12 Post by Sigmaz »

hah.. yeah so do I bud.. so do I...

I've been picking at this sedan a little bit each weekend. it's really just a matter of buttoning it back up and getting it out.

The brakes are all rebuilt and reinstalled. I need to bleed the lines and attach the new e-brake cables to the pull rod.
Other than that, it should be g2g once the wheels are back on it.. granted I still need to do some upholstery and I'm sure there will be some other gremlins along the way.

Diane!
Yes, you guys hit me up any time if you need anything. We are close enough to be helpful.
-Jon
ImageImage
'The little su-BAR-u... Wow.'

books1
360 Master

#13 Post by books1 »

Sigmaz wrote: 11 months ago
I've been picking at this sedan a little bit each weekend. it's really just a matter of buttoning it back up and getting it out.

The brakes are all rebuilt and reinstalled. I need to bleed the lines and attach the new e-brake cables to the pull rod.
Other than that, it should be g2g once the wheels are back on it.. granted I still need to do some upholstery and I'm sure there will be some other gremlins along the way.
- ..... and WHERE, sir, are our piccies??? huh? HUH? :x <insert tapping foot sound and strumming of fingers on desk sound here>

:wink:

cardcartco

#14 Post by cardcartco »

We're making progress! Two steps forward, one step back. We bought what we heard were replacements for the e-brake cables but they are too short, must be for a sedan. Otherwise the brakes are coming along nicely. Any recs for ebrake cables on the truck?

ImageFront Brakes by Diane Zerr, on Flickr
Diane & Dustin
Card Cart Co.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#15 Post by kjrcace360fan »

That looks like fine progress. Unfortunately I'm no help on truck brake cables.

books1
360 Master

#16 Post by books1 »

Same from me... what he ^ said!