New member from Mississippi

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

DeanFuller1960

New member from Mississippi

#1 Post by DeanFuller1960 »

Hello all. My name is Dean Fuller and currently reside in northeast Mississippi ( Columbus / Starkville ) . I have ALWAYS been a car / motorcycle guy and recently have gotten very interested in micro cars. My father was military and we lived in Europe in the 1960's where he owned a Messerschmitt KR200. It was our only car at the time and there was 5 of us. I would sit on my fathers lap as he drove. My mother sat in the rear next to my older brother and held my little brother in her arms. I have always wanted a Messerschmitt and things just grew from there.
I have a 1970 Subaru 360 sedan, a 1957 Isetta 300 and a 1955 Messerschmitt KR175...all are projects. The Subaru is mostly painted now and starting re assembly. Was a very solid , non rust car. I am in need of rubbers for the 360 sedan. Windshield seal, door seals and rear window seals. I read somewhere there are door seals from an older Ford truck that work ?? The rear side windows can use a minivan seal ??? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0647.jpg
IMG_0679.jpg
IMG_0561.jpg
IMG_0558.jpg

DeanFuller1960

Re: New member from Mississippi

#2 Post by DeanFuller1960 »

Here is the only photo I have of me when the Messerschmitt was around. Its in bad shape but brings back happy memories.
Attachments
untitled.png

DeanFuller1960

#3 Post by DeanFuller1960 »

More pics of the sedan. I used 2014 Toyota quicksand color. I am happy with it so far...no metallic. Urethane single stage.
Attachments
IMG_0649.jpg
IMG_0651.jpg

oldone
360 Master

#4 Post by oldone »

Welcome aboard. You can get a lot help from the members here. Great start on the 360!

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#5 Post by kjrcace360fan »

I have the windshield gasket that holds the chrome strip. It is not a connected loop, just a length of rubber seal which is the correct profile matched to the original. It's $80.00 plus shipping. $12.00 +-
Looks like a great 360 to start with. Nice paint too. I'm also accepting pre orders for pistons if you need them.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

SLOMO69
360 Newbie

#6 Post by SLOMO69 »

Great looking sedan. Welcome and best of luck with the restoration.

AnthonyC
360 Master

#7 Post by AnthonyC »

kjrcace360fan wrote: 4 years ago I'm also accepting pre orders for pistons if you need them.
PM me the price for pistons with rings please