New Sedan owner

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

Acent1

New Sedan owner

#1 Post by Acent1 »

Hi from South Dakota!
I purchased a 1970 Subaru 360 from an estate auction this last November and am only the second owner in 49 years. The car was originally white but painted orange some time ago as it has completely turned to red in most spots. I have already removed the front seats that were to large for the car, i think they were out of some mid 80's car. the drivers side wheels are locked up, i'm sure from sitting. i have been oiling them for a few weeks now that its warmer out and will try and get them freed up soon. motor still turns over and ran when it was parked.

Anyone know someone with a sedan front seat?

i'm sure i will have more questions, i have already skimmed through the book of reprints.

Dan
Attachments
20181104_154919.jpg
20181104_154734.jpg
20181104_154724.jpg
20181104_154724.jpg (60.84 KiB) Viewed 10321 times
20181104_154545.jpg
20181104_120035.jpg

oldone
360 Master

Re: New Sedan owner

#2 Post by oldone »

Dan Welcome aboard ........
I may have a recoverable one......But the shipping from Oklahoma would be expensive. Maybe some one closer has one??

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#3 Post by subaru360nut »

Welcome to The Club! We are all here to help.

Ed
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

Acent1

#4 Post by Acent1 »

oldone wrote: 4 years ago Dan Welcome aboard ........
I may have a recoverable one......But the shipping from Oklahoma would be expensive. Maybe some one closer has one??
My co worker has family down in that neck of the woods goes to visit each year might be able to work something out.

oldone
360 Master

#5 Post by oldone »

I PM'd you.

books1
360 Master

#6 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club... from downunder, Dan - I see your problem, it's the steering wheel is on the wrong side!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Acent1

#7 Post by Acent1 »

books1 wrote: 4 years ago Welcome to the Club... from downunder, Dan - I see your problem, it's the steering wheel is on the wrong side!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha, i would have loved it even more if it was a right hand drive. As if they are not unique enough already.

Working on the drivers side brakes today trying to get them freed up.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#8 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome, I also have some seats but need covering so basically frames and springs. If you can't find any closer let me know. I'm in WV
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

happy360

#9 Post by happy360 »

i'll give you seats for free

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#10 Post by subaru360nut »

Dan - please PM or e-mail me.

ed
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

Acent1

#11 Post by Acent1 »

I have all 4 wheels moving now, the back driver side is still really tight but it is moving. Going to try and get it running next and then onto the brakes, i know the pads need to be replaced or relined for sure as the ones on the driver side were swollen up and corroded. Is there someone who relines the shoes? also still looking for a seat.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#12 Post by kjrcace360fan »

If the motor turns free I'd get a look down in the cylinders. and take off the intake and exhaust to see if there are any contaminants in there. Animal nests and such. If all is clear I'd pull the oil pump and make sure it's getting the propper flow rate and operates freely. If oil pump is good, put oil in under the pistons into the crankcase oil the piston tops rotate it a lot then put oil pump, plugs, intake exhaust all back on. Clean the carb. and hook it up to an external fuel source. I'd use like 30:1 mix gas and oil to start it on. Replace all oil and gas tubing so as not to introduce crud in the lines to the engine.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

Acent1

#13 Post by Acent1 »

oldone wrote: 4 years agoI PM'd you.
Oldone can you check PM's? looking for the closest fedex ship center to you to get a more accurate shipping label printed.