New member in OK...FINALLY on!

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

guards951

New member in OK...FINALLY on!

#1 Post by guards951 »

It took about 6 weeks, but I'm finally on the forum (many thanks to Jamie and oldone).
My name is Tyler, out here in Mustang, OK. I picked up a very clean bodied '70 sedan about a year ago that had been sitting for years, and just got a '68 sedan from oldone just over a month ago. The '68 is definitely rougher around the edges than the '70, BUT the '68 runs and drives, and EVERYTHING works (even the radio!), while the '70 needs some attention to get it back on the road. Many things to track down, for sure. If anyone has/knows where to find any of these items, feel free to let me know!
Jack w/ handle
Spare tire retainer spring
Clean OE radios and radio bezels
Brake fluid reservoir
Under-seat vent assembly (the '70 has different seats from the PO that required it to be removed, but we have original seats for it now)
Probably a long shot, but a '68 final drive (65/19 tooth)
A '68 in-line fuel shut-off valve
Front and rear undertrays
Speedometer cable
And I'm always on the lookout for spare clean original steering wheels and headlight shrouds!

I was born and raised around muscle cars, but something went terribly wrong, because I can't get enough of imports/microcars. In addition to microcars, I'm especially fond of Porsches, British sports cars, and various other Japanese and Italian vehicles. I have a Guards Red '86 944 Turbo (951), which is where my username comes from, as well as a '96 Miata, '92 Civic hatchback, '88.5 Suzuki Samurai, '15 500 Abarth, and a '71 Triumph GT6, for my fun cars. Then my dad and I have quite a hoard of other vehicles, some that are restoration projects, and some that are 'fix and sell' cars, plus his personal ‘keeper’ show cars.

I am very much looking forward to restoring these 360s, as well as acquiring MANY more microcars in the coming years. I'm almost scared to know how many I might end up with... They're a bit addictive. Haha
ImageDSC_0159 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0167 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0166 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0165 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0163 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0161 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0169 (3) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0170 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0173 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0157 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0156 (2) by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
Last edited by guards951 6 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Williams Microcars

guards951

Re: New member in OK...FINALLY on!

#2 Post by guards951 »

And some pics of a few of the other rides, for anyone who might be interested.
ImageDSC_0129 by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0130 by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0119 by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1206 by Tyler Williams, on Flickr
Williams Microcars

oldone
360 Master

#3 Post by oldone »

Tyler You final made it, welcome aboard!!!! That's a nice group of toys & a really nice shop!!

Jeff_Tsui
360 Fanatic

#4 Post by Jeff_Tsui »

Welcome to the club, Nice Suzuki Samurai,very clean. I have been looking for a good restored one for awhile. Don't want to deal with repair. Any one out there know a good mechanic for Samurai in southern CA? I see one of your 360 have polished top? Is that aluminum? I did know 360 have that material.

jeremyrschroeder
360 Master

#5 Post by jeremyrschroeder »

He welcome to the club. There is a few of us sort of close to you in Kansas City so let me know if you need any parts. All you car look really nice especially your 944 Turbo - really nice! I have a van for sale if you want to trade.

guards951

#6 Post by guards951 »

oldone wrote: 6 years ago Tyler You final made it, welcome aboard!!!! That's a nice group of toys & a really nice shop!!
Yes indeed, thanks for helping get to the bottom of what was going on! Yeah, that's my dad's shop. It's about time to add on, though! We keep running out of room for projects. Haha

Also, finally got the fuel tank back from the repair shop for the '68, so now I just need to freshen up the outside of it and put it in. I talked to Jon Blakeman, as well, and it sounds like he's got me covered on master cylinders, so now I just need to track down a reservoir. Finally making some progress! :D
Jeff_Tsui wrote: 6 years ago Welcome to the club, Nice Suzuki Samurai,very clean. I have been looking for a good restored one for awhile. Don't want to deal with repair. Any one out there know a good mechanic for Samurai in southern CA? I see one of your 360 have polished top? Is that aluminum? I did know 360 have that material.
Thanks! I purchased it bone stock, but I was very pleased with how clean the paint and body was, for being totally original.
I absolutely recommend getting one! They're SUPER easy to work on, if you do decide to tackle any repairs. Extremely reliable, as well (as long as you take care of it). I've had a few of them that we've fixed up and sold, but this one is a keeper for me. It's my primary runaround vehicle, when I'm not in my work van, and it's just way too fun. Plus you can do 75 mph down the highway with 4 adults comfortably loaded and the A/C on. What more can you ask for? :)

The '68s top is actually black (factory, I believe), though I see how it might look like a polished finish in those pics. Just the good ol' fiberglass!
jeremyrschroeder wrote: 6 years ago He welcome to the club. There is a few of us sort of close to you in Kansas City so let me know if you need any parts. All you car look really nice especially your 944 Turbo - really nice! I have a van for sale if you want to trade.
Awesome, thanks for the welcome! If you or anyone around you might have any of the parts I listed, just let me know. 944 Turbos are one of my all time favorite classic sports cars, and this one DEFINITELY isn't going anywhere. I've got a 968 with an LSD 6-speed I'd trade for a van, though! It's not as nice as my Turbo, for sure. It barely runs, currently. Haha

Definitely have to get a van and a truck one of these days. And a Goggomobil sedan and transporter. And a Vespa 400. And a Heinkel/Trojan. And a Berkeley. And...ugh, there's just too many... :cry:
Last edited by guards951 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Williams Microcars

scole665
360 Fanatic

#7 Post by scole665 »

Welcome. You have some mighty night looking RAD cars!

carlofsumner
360 Master

#8 Post by carlofsumner »

What they all said!
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#9 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome to the club. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is rough about either 360. My rough ones you can see through in several places. They both look pretty nice.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

AnthonyC
360 Master

#10 Post by AnthonyC »

Welcome to the club from So. Cal

books1
360 Master

#11 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club, Tyler. Nice lot there, particularly like the Abarth, Porsche, Mazda.

From "downunder", Cheers, Ian