Black Subie

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

yachtsteve
360 Newbie

Black Subie

#1 Post by yachtsteve »

I want to introduce myself. I bought speedoman's van. I plan to keep it in south Fl. right now it's still in Cali and I will probably keep it in Colorado this summer then move it to Ft lauderdale/ Miami area. Like all newbie's I'll surely need lots of help. No need to post pictures, I'm sure most of you have seen it. I will want to see other vans when I bring it back and hope to stop and see some on the trip home "in a few weeks"
Colorado and South Florida

yachtsteve
360 Newbie

Re: Black Subie

#2 Post by yachtsteve »

By the way I forgot to mention that I live in trinidad colorado, the sedan that sold on ebay a couple weeks ago belonged to a buddy of mine, to who ever bought it I am glad to help storing or parting it, just let me know

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#3 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome to the group. Did you get any extra parts?
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

rogerbhp
360 Master

#4 Post by rogerbhp »

Welcome to the group! As you know, Dwayne's van was heavily modified and a long way from stock; before you buy any parts for it, be sure they'll be usable.

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#5 Post by 2stroketurbo »

wow! you are all over the country ! welcome to the club ! Lets hear what that van will do performance wise...
ImageImageImage

carlofsumner
360 Master

#6 Post by carlofsumner »

Welcome to the club. I was in Ft. Lauderdale just a few weeks ago, on my way to the Keys.
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

Sigmaz
Site Admin

#7 Post by Sigmaz »

It will finally be nice to see how well the van runs on gasoline.

So far we've only seen it run on hot air.

It is a very clean and for the most part well executed build but unfortunately the previous owner had an equally unique personality that was sometimes easy to misinterpret.

Welcome and good luck with your new van.
-Jon
ImageImage
'The little su-BAR-u... Wow.'

1_2MINI
360 Master

#8 Post by 1_2MINI »

Yes, what he ^ said. :D
Owner of a 1970 van and 1970 sedan.

jeremyrschroeder
360 Master

#9 Post by jeremyrschroeder »

Welcome to the club.

If you come through Kansas City stop and see my van. I got the little yellow taxi van. http://www.mysubaru360.com/photos/ebay/ ... _taxi_van/

Subie Gal
Site Admin

#10 Post by Subie Gal »

:D welcome welcome!!!

I hope you enjoy the van and the smiles it will bring to the masses when you get a chance to show it off :D
1970 360 Sambar Van aka Stanley
1970 360 Sambar Truck aka Dirty
1970 360 Sedan - yet to be named.
1970 Subaru FF-1

yachtsteve
360 Newbie

#11 Post by yachtsteve »

well I don't remember if I mentioned to the group that I have been stuck in the bahamas for the last few months, anyway I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!Tomorrow "sat" I am bringing the boat back to Fl. and then the new engineer takes over for me. That said, I fly to Co. on tues and start driving to cali wed or thur. I have to get there before the end of the month so I don't get stuck with another month of storage. After I pick it up I will drive back to Co. over a week or so and stay there for a week or so. then back to so. Fl. for another month or so, I'd love to stop and see some members along the way. I plan to stop at the grand canyon, then come thru west Co. so if there's any members in between let me know and I'll say hi. I'll be driving this back.
ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us

And I'll be driving this to cali

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I feels like it has about 25% more power than the van does!!

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#12 Post by 2stroketurbo »

yachtsteve wrote:well I don't remember if I mentioned to the group that I have been stuck in the bahamas for the last few months, anyway I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!Tomorrow "sat" I am bringing the boat back to Fl. and then the new engineer takes over for me. That said, I fly to Co. on tues and start driving to cali wed or thur. I have to get there before the end of the month so I don't get stuck with another month of storage. After I pick it up I will drive back to Co. over a week or so and stay there for a week or so. then back to so. Fl. for another month or so, I'd love to stop and see some members along the way. I plan to stop at the grand canyon, then come thru west Co. so if there's any members in between let me know and I'll say hi. I'll be driving this back.
ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us

And I'll be driving this to cali

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I feels like it has about 25% more power than the van does!!

Wow, that's quite a Yacht Steve, :lol: You sir, are a travelling man. How did you test drive the black Subie if you have been Island bound?
ImageImageImage

yachtsteve
360 Newbie

#13 Post by yachtsteve »

Well...... I do everything in reverse, and after I bought the van I joined the club. After joining I noticed that Speedoman was a member, and had some kind of friction with the other members "what exactly I don't know" I could only read between the lines or see when others quoted him because all of his posts were removed "anybody want to fill me in" so I decided to just go and "pick up" the van. I flew out one day and Speedoman picked me up at the airport, I stayed in a hotel overnight and found a mini storage the following day and moved the van there, then Joe dropped me off at the airport that afternoon. And I was back in the bahamas the following day. Pretty long 3 days. I drove the van about 5 miles and I defiantly was underwhelmed! I have a Freeway with 450cc "huge" motor and a couple Reliant's 850cc "enormous" motors so I am used to less than spirited performance, but this one really moved the bar. I am hoping to improve on it's performance, and reliability and use it as a driver. I have been studying the megasquirt for a long time for my other micro cars and plan to do a megasquirt conversion right away as part of the reliability upgrades.I read all 12 pages on sigmaz's conversion. So... anyway I'm excited to finely pick up the li'l bugger up

Sigmaz
Site Admin

#14 Post by Sigmaz »

I'm honored you think of me to be a worthy read.

I clearly stink at technical writing, and especially since nobody else was doing the upgrade.

I just kinda posted 'hey check this out' and 'OK got that done'...

I didn't ever really get into the technical side of it.

If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to elaborate on any aspect of the upgrade.

Keep in mind, although my sedan is down right now I did clock in a lot of miles with the EFI setup.

It's only down because this next upgrade phase is a little more involved..

Please ask a lot of questions, our conversation will not only help the other members that may be thinking about doing it or just want to know how it was done, But it will also serve as a refresher for me.

Oh.. and lets just say that Speedoman had a unique personality that didn't go over that well with the rest of the group.

He also used script driven utilities against the forum to alter his posts and that got him banned.
-Jon
ImageImage
'The little su-BAR-u... Wow.'

books1
360 Master

#15 Post by books1 »

yachtsteve wrote:(...) After joining I noticed that Speedoman was a member, and had some kind of friction with the other members "what exactly I don't know" I could only read between the lines or see when others quoted him because all of his posts were removed "anybody want to fill me in"(...)
Yes - he removed his own posts as far as I am aware. :roll: