Face book

Discussion forum or Subaru360Club.org Site Feedback - Let us hear your suggestions to make our club better!

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

oldone
360 Master

Face book

#1 Post by oldone »

We need to get the newby's to join the club, to keep this going. The years of knowledge & experience on this site is second to none. This is the best club I belong to , next to the German Veloerx club Everybody here is so dependent-on the DAMN phone.........I DON"T TEXT ON THE PHONE< TALK TO ME OR I'LL INGORE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by oldone 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

books1
360 Master

Re: Face book

#2 Post by books1 »

Hi Wayne - are you saying that it's on the increase (Facebook ..?) - to the exclusion of email communication? (coz that's what I've found - even amongst my family members).

I go to a restaurant nowadays and see a group of folk at a table, nobody talking, all of them just staring at their phone screens! Social occasion or what! LOL

oldone
360 Master

#3 Post by oldone »

I was recently in a restaurant here in Norman, 6 girls were texting each other a the same table???? Talk to each other.........I think the club here will die without new members & the instant phone/texts. Sad for an old guy that loves Micro's & the newby's that don't have a clue.......

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#4 Post by kjrcace360fan »

I'll still be available via email and land line if need be. but more knowledge flows from your phone than mine. But yeah, I've driven for several long 4-H Trips and usually the 4-h Kids are pretty good about verbal communication at our destination but in the vans or when we've hired buses they sit across the aisle from each other and text, rarely looking up or at each other.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

jcimino
360 Master

#5 Post by jcimino »

It’s no difference with taking pictures. When I go on a trip I see people taking so many pictures with their phones that they totally miss the experience.
Jim Cimino

books1
360 Master

#6 Post by books1 »

I'm wondering who is moderating this discussion Forum nowadays, as none of the Moderators listed ever post on here.
Sad really, it used to be a vibrant, interesting Forum. I'm wanting to find out about the facts and figures behind running a Forum - for the other car club that I belong to locally. Members are suffering withdrawal syptoms (from "face-to-face people meetings"), so I wondered what was involved/cost of running something like this. Jon? Mark?

rex6219

#7 Post by rex6219 »

Hi,

I realize this discussion was a started a bit ago. I just wanted to check in if we might know who is actively in here with moderator rights/permission to add new members to the forum.
Normally I have been emailing Subie Gal direct. I have also tried the club Facebook page but have not heard back which is unusual. I tend to get sporadic influxes of people to get online and hope to turn around and get them setup quickly.

After being involved with writing the newsletters, I realize that the biggest hurdle is always time. There is a lot involved to keep producing new content and even those who work on the site to keep it together and running. I have always not have access to make any type of real change to the site, since it would be difficult to have too many fingers in the cookie jar & potentially cause a mistake.

My day job is working for a local grocery chain and this period of several months we experienced radical sales growth.
My time is limited in blocks of time but I try to allocate a small amount of time to response to emails from people.
I hope to keep new comers involved and allow the site to continue on.

Brian

books1
360 Master

#8 Post by books1 »

You, Sir Brian of Tri-Monthly Tidings, have been doing a super job of keeping the newsletter going.

It's folk like you that keep the Club going! :D

AnthonyC
360 Master

#9 Post by AnthonyC »

Yes Brian you are doing an awesome job of it all
Thank you for all you are doing