Do we have a member projects section somewhere?

Discussion forum or Subaru360Club.org Site Feedback - Let us hear your suggestions to make our club better!

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

UpNordSubie
360 Newbie

Do we have a member projects section somewhere?

#1 Post by UpNordSubie »

I wanted to start a thread about my build that I am going to be embarking on. I don't think everyone will dig it much (extensive body mods, etc.) but I figured I would write up details on how I do what I do so it could possibly be a resource for others if they feel so inclined.

Just wondering if we have a place for a thread like this? Or do I start one thread in the exterior forum, one in the interior forum, one in the performance forum, and one in the "I need more money and spare time" forum? :wink: :lol:

Sigmaz
Site Admin

Re: Do we have a member projects section somewhere?

#2 Post by Sigmaz »

You can chronicle your project in the (newly created) My Restoration Project forum.
It's under the heading Subaru 360 Technical.
-Jon
ImageImage
'The little su-BAR-u... Wow.'

StevenM
360 Master

#3 Post by StevenM »

Hey Jon, I went to check out the new forum ... It says I don't have permission. Pretty please may I?

If I can play devils advocate here, I would worry that getting too deep into one issue or another at this new forum will make it harder for future readers to find answers to specific questions. For instance answers to questions about brakes could be found at the brakes forum, or...

'70 Subaru 360 Young http://www.mysubaru360.com
'71 Honda 600 Coupe http://www.honda600coupe.com
'78 MG Midget http://www.1978mgmidget.com

carlofsumner
360 Master

#4 Post by carlofsumner »

I just went to My Restoration Project and this is what it said;

:cry: :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.

CDJ
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

Sigmaz
Site Admin

#5 Post by Sigmaz »

I must have broken something...

You might be right Steven. Things can be hard to find if they aren't properly categorized.
I think big ongoing projects might have a good home there though..
What's the general consensus on this issue?
-Jon
ImageImage

carlofsumner
360 Master

#6 Post by carlofsumner »

I agree, with you Jon, projects can be there and other requests can go to the appropriate spots. That way we can follow the progress of a project without having to look at several forum topics.

Keep in mind, I don't have a project yet though.

CDJ
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

Sigmaz
Site Admin

#7 Post by Sigmaz »

I just figure if you've got a huge project and wish to chronicle it start to finish it could get lost in the general area just like you say Carl.

Any projects such as Brake system overhaul, Windshield replacement, Wheel alignment.. it's all legit to post in there as long as its a 'pictoral-ized' (..made that word up), detailed and useful procedure that someone may find interest in learning from or reading about.

If the project delves into each restoration step in detail then the post would also be useful when topics are searched with the search tool.

If I search on Wheel Cylinder, I may be returned some results about what sizes they are and one result from joe schmoe saying he used another type of wheel cyl for his project, then the reader could read up on the project and see if the path the author took is one he wants to go down.
That may be more useful than a simple post stating that some people have used brand X part to replace the original , because he actually read about the reason it was chosen, how it was installed, and any followup info that may be posted.

Really, I think the name is self explanatory.. in that it clearly implies Restorations, or otherwise big involved projects...

Little things like 'How does the door handle come off?' or 'Hey I just re-popped interior lenses' should continue to be posted into it's appropriate area, i.e. Interior

That is unless the item has a big write up justifying it as being a 'Big Project'.

This will help keep some of the 'Wow man!' chit chat out of the other technical areas.

Just a thought.
:wink:
-Jon
ImageImage