My Subie finally arrived in Atlanta - after 2 years

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

BJs360
360 Fanatic

My Subie finally arrived in Atlanta - after 2 years

#1 Post by BJs360 »

Hi everyone! Well, after moving from SoCal to Atlanta 2 years ago and a ridiculous line of unexpected events I was finally able to move the green sedan from LA to Atlanta and it arrived this morning! It’s now comfortably nestled in the garage next to the 75 VW Bay window project. The sad news is all the rest of my parts and the engine are still in storage in Los Angeles. They’re next on the list and also the last of the ties to SoCal. If anyone has a trailer coming out this way or knows of an economical way to ship a couple pallets cross country let me know! Oh, and I also had to pack up about half of the tiki bar I’d built as a lockdown project in that half of the garage. bummer, but worth it to have the 360 home again.

So after being spoiled in LA and having so many other members close by I’m now on the search for any members in the Atlanta, GA area or at least in the southeast US. Would love to meet up, swap parts, pass around parts cars, etc. I’d also like to find a good parts car for a project idea I have. Anyway, just wanted to say hello again and looking forward to jumping back in and sharing the continued restoration of the green 360. All the best and stay safe and healthy out there! - BJ
Attachments
7D1949E4-3430-4B79-A300-EB045C0D0EA8.jpeg

oldone
360 Master

Re: My Subie finally arrived in Atlanta - after 2 years

#2 Post by oldone »

Happy to hear from you & glad the sedan is home.

books1
360 Master

#3 Post by books1 »

Don't you start hollerin' about how isolated you are, BJ!

I reckon I can beat you hands down in those stakes! :D

BJs360
360 Fanatic

#4 Post by BJs360 »

Ian, I definitely can’t compete with ya on that!😁 As a nod to you though I had a really nice meat pie and a Lamington today! My son started college here and there’s a pretty decent Australian cafe and bakery.

books1
360 Master

#5 Post by books1 »

Amazing -I had no idea there were "Aussie bakeries" over in your neck of the woods! I'll have to send in a job application form! :lol:

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#6 Post by 2stroketurbo »

books1 wrote:Don't you start hollerin' about how isolated you are, BJ!

I reckon I can beat you hands down in those stakes! :D
Oh yes you can !

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage

2stroketurbo
360 Master

#7 Post by 2stroketurbo »

BJs360 wrote:Hi everyone! Well, after moving from SoCal to Atlanta 2 years ago and a ridiculous line of unexpected events I was finally able to move the green sedan from LA to Atlanta and it arrived this morning! It’s now comfortably nestled in the garage next to the 75 VW Bay window project. The sad news is all the rest of my parts and the engine are still in storage in Los Angeles. They’re next on the list and also the last of the ties to SoCal. If anyone has a trailer coming out this way or knows of an economical way to ship a couple pallets cross country let me know! Oh, and I also had to pack up about half of the tiki bar I’d built as a lockdown project in that half of the garage. bummer, but worth it to have the 360 home again.

So after being spoiled in LA and having so many other members close by I’m now on the search for any members in the Atlanta, GA area or at least in the southeast US. Would love to meet up, swap parts, pass around parts cars, etc. I’d also like to find a good parts car for a project idea I have. Anyway, just wanted to say hello again and looking forward to jumping back in and sharing the continued restoration of the green 360. All the best and stay safe and healthy out there! - BJ

ImageImageImage

books1
360 Master

#8 Post by books1 »

Good to see you back, Mark! :D

2stroketurbo
360 Master

#9 Post by 2stroketurbo »

books1 wrote:Good to see you back, Mark! :D
Good to see me too. I think.

ImageImageImage

BJs360
360 Fanatic

#10 Post by BJs360 »

Happy New Year to all!

Looking forward to working on the green sedan this year. In my quest here in Atlanta for parts and local 360 owners I actually did find and pick up a sedan and a bunch of parts so I can work on my project idea! Very happy about but now I have to find space for it.😮 The really good news is that it came with a new spare windshield, a glass rear window, and 2 motors! Currently on a quest for a set of innertubes. Ordered from a Honda online parts source but they sent the wrong size. Anyone know of a good online source for the correct tubes?

books1
360 Master

#11 Post by books1 »

Someone was only just talking about being able to get those correct tubes - Anthony I'm thinking.

AnthonyC
360 Master

#12 Post by AnthonyC »

books1 wrote: 3 years ago Someone was only just talking about being able to get those correct tubes - Anthony I'm thinking.
yes i have them in stock , just got in 20 so that is 5 sets of 4