*** The forum has just been updated please report any issues that you may experience***
(You can clear this alerts by clicking the X in the top right corner)
Thanks! -jon

NEW HERE, 360 SAMBAR RESTORATION PROJECT

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: 2stroketurbo, Subie Gal

Author

NEW HERE, 360 SAMBAR RESTORATION PROJECT

#1 Post by SCOTTW » 1 month ago

Hello,

I am from Wisconsin as well and I will be restoring a 69 360 Van. I work for Subaru City in Milwaukee,WI and we bought
a very nice Sambar Van from a ramdom customer. He was the second owner and has owned it since 1973. I will post pictures
later in this post.

The van had a 70's "custom" paint job and custom interior which included shag carpet and a bubble moon roof. I'm sorry to
say, it wasn't cool then and isn't cool now.

The van will be restored by My team a guys at the Collision Center Here at the dealership. It needs very little at this point
as it was a very well preserved piece to start with. I will be needing many small items thru this restoration project. So
I will be posting often. This vehicle will be all original when done and will be on the showroom floor here at the Subaru
Dealership. I'm not promising it to be a 900 + point car, but it will be done at the best quality possible.

I will list some items in the want ads that I am needing help finding. I will post a few pictures of the original and the progress
with the body.

I'm excited to meet some loyal 360 owners and here their stories about their car/truck/van. Any help would be appreciated!

I will try and figure out how to post pictures now.

Thanks!

Scott Wilson
EXCITED Subaru 360 Project manager

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

Re: NEW HERE, 360 SAMBAR RESTORATION PROJECT

#2 Post by kjrcace360fan » 1 month ago

You came to the right place. This is the Only place you need to go for knowledge and help. Can't wait to see some pics. I post mine on flickr.com then copy the bbcode what ever that is directly into the post. I think that's what I do. but it works. sometimes.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie, Little John the Truck & Dune Buggy.

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#4 Post by 2stroketurbo » 1 month ago

excellent!
ImageImageImage

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#5 Post by 2stroketurbo » 1 month ago

ohhhh myyyyyy. That is the shaggiest shag wagon I ever NEED to see. GOOD LUCK!
ImageImageImage

oldone
360 Master

#6 Post by oldone » 1 month ago

Nice work, you need Jeremy's free van body for a new roof. :wink:

jeremyrschroeder
360 Master

#7 Post by jeremyrschroeder » 1 month ago

Wow - was that hole from a gun turret or dome sky light? Hope you got a picture of that either way! Yes I can cut out a section of roof for you if you need - you just have to let me know fast as I just stripped/cut everything off it so I am putting her down on Tuesday. PM if interested.

SCOTTW

#8 Post by SCOTTW » 1 month ago

WE are attempting to fit a piece in that hole on Monday. A whole roof would be nice, I'm jus afraid to drill it off at the welds. The whole
thing would have to be braced. Im sure shipping would damage the roof you have? We thought we would try making a piece and if that
didn't work we would look for a parts car?

If we had your van body, we would remove the roof on your van first to see how it was assembled. We like to drill the spot welds out instead of cutting.

why is your van leaving for scrap?

I need a headliner back section
steering wheel
spare tire hold down
rear seat (unicorn/needle in a haystack)
wiper arms

I will post a larger list in the want ads

Thanks for looking at the post

Scott

jeremyrschroeder
360 Master

#9 Post by jeremyrschroeder » 1 month ago

The van is getting scrapped because it is just too far gone and I have a super solid rust free body and chasis already but didn't have every little small part that one would need to restore and there is alot of them. The roof I have is pretty good - alot of surface rust but pretty decent, but bad at both ends.

I maybe be able to help you with the spare tire holder if you are talking about the one that is attached to the the body.