I Am New Here, Vans, and other interesting subjects.

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

cas8806

I Am New Here, Vans, and other interesting subjects.

#1 Post by cas8806 »

Hey, My name is Craig, I live in Montana. I own an older restoration '70 360 sedan Auto-Clutch. I am looking at getting some vans soon but they are really rough, so I signed up to see if I could get some help finding out what they are worth. Or maybe find one in better condition. Ill see what i can do about posting a link to some pics later today, so you can tell me what these jobers are worth.

Peace

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#2 Post by 2stroketurbo »

Hi Craig, welcome ! Glad you found us.

What they ( the vans ) are worth is what everyone wants to know...pretty
hard to answer. But, what someone is willing to pay.

Post some detailed pictures and we will give you our best apprasials.

Mark
ImageImageImage

cas8806

pics

#3 Post by cas8806 »

Here are the vans i am looking at. I work in a body shop so i am not too worried about the bodys. I am, however, worried about the cost to aquire all of the missing parts. There aren't many of these in Montana.

http://www.stellarcorp.com/~craig/Subaru%20360%20vans/

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#4 Post by 2stroketurbo »

Whoa. :shock:

I'm glad you work in a body shop Craig!. You have vision.

( and I thought my vans were bad ) Amazingly, neither van appears to have rust.... you're 'Very Lucky' there.....

Looks like a lot of the rear glass is missing........... I think you could make 1 good van of the two ( MAYBE a good panel van ?)

I hope there are titles?

In my opinion...I'd offer about 100 bucks for both vans and hope you had enough parts to make one good one. I'd forget making one completely original, but, as a body-guy I'd say go for it!.

If you're thrifty/creative/crafty......... think of them like a blank slate waiting for art.

Mark
ImageImageImage

Tom
360 Master

#5 Post by Tom »

That's a lot of missing parts! If you planned on having one original looking, I think you will nickle and dime yourself to death trying to find all the parts. But if you wanted to build something custom and have lots of spare time maybe...
-Tom

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#6 Post by subaru360nut »

If you can get both of them for $100. or so, you may have what you need to make one good one. If you can make that deal, and have a space for them under cover, start inventorying what's there and what's missing. If too much is missing, you can part them out and still come out ahead.

But do it the honest way, offer the parts to Club members at set prices, don't scalp them on e-bay.

Ed Parsil, Tucson AZ
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!