New to the Forum

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

M1marc

New to the Forum

#1 Post by M1marc »

My name is Marc Lasky Im in West L A and Im almost done with my Subaru Van.I need some small things like a complete speedo cable, windshield,windshield rubber,door window felt etc etc,Im glad I joined Ive been winging it on my project for quite a while and now its time to finish!!

rogerbhp
360 Master

Re: New to the Forum

#2 Post by rogerbhp »

Hello, Marc, and welcome to the club.

- For windshields and rubbers (repops), you can talk to Garm at (818) 693-8403; he has a website: reallysmallcars.com. Make sure you understand about the windshields before you do anything; to my knowledge, you can't get or use the stainless trim around the windshield. Have Garm explain it to you.
- For rubber around the doors, you'll need to go aftermarket (Pep Boys, O'Reillys, etc.) and find something that fits. I used some stuff from Auto Zone.
- For window channel fuzzies, talk to Brian at Dale's Mfg in Oklahoma, (405) 631-8988.

We've been blessed to have support from club members in repopping parts. Used parts are very difficult to find but some of the most needed items have been reproduced by club members: Bobby DeCola, Wayne Saunders, Billy Paul, Garm Bealle, Wayne Saunders, the Little Car Lover, Ron Borum, Nathan kiehn, are some of the guys who have stepped up to help out.

Again, Welcome! .... and Happy Motoring!

carlofsumner
360 Master

#3 Post by carlofsumner »

Welcome Marc! We like pictures!!!
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#4 Post by subaru360nut »

Welcome to The Club!

If you have the old speedo cable save the ends, everything else can
be replaced with generic parts.

Ed
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

books1
360 Master

#5 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club from downunder, Marc!

TONY
360 Master

#6 Post by TONY »

I have a 1970 Van my self and used these door seals : 67-20531-L and 62-20531-L Use these part # and buy them at the truckandcarshop.com they work great.. Nice and tight. Dont forget to buy they 3M black seal glue. Welcome to the club. Image

TONY
360 Master

#7 Post by TONY »

Marc I also had enough seal to do the back of my Subaru van , the rear glass doors FYI.

Garm
360 Master

#8 Post by Garm »

Hi Marc, welcome to the club, we've talked about the windshield rubber - wait til you guys see this van, it's amazing!

Garm
360 Master

#9 Post by Garm »

Tony, you can't search that site for a part number -- do you remember which catalog you ordered from?