Hello from Kentucky. 360 sedan owner here.

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

jody360

Hello from Kentucky. 360 sedan owner here.

#1 Post by jody360 »

I've owned my sedan for almost a year. I received it from my grandfather when he died. He bought it in 1974. I was born in 1977, so its been in the family longer than me. Lol. I have tons of memorys in this ole girl. Pictures and old films of this car through out my life. I'm also lucky enough that he had bought another one for parts. Thank yal for a great site. I'm having trouble finding tires. If anyone could tell me where to find tires at a good price, I would love to know. Thanks.

carlofsumner
360 Master

Re: Hello from Kentucky. 360 sedan owner here.

#2 Post by carlofsumner »

I will leave it to those who have more experience with purchasing tires to answer your question Jody, I will simply welcome you to the Club and encourage you to ask all the questions you want as you will find the answer among this great group of people. We do like pictures, no matter how bad the Subie looks, so as you progress on this forum please add pictures of your Subie.
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

rogerbhp
360 Master

#3 Post by rogerbhp »

Hello, Jody,
For tires, try Mini Mania in Grass Valley, CA (530) 470-8300. You don't say whether you want bias ply (original to the car) or radial (better in every way.) If you want more info on bias vs radial, put up such a request and we'll fill you in. The particular brands go in and out of stock, according to availability from the manufacturer. You'll need to put tubes in, whichever type of you get, bias or radial. You should use 10" bent valve tubes; they're available from any motorcycle shop (like Honda). Use size 3.50-4.00 and don't worry if they look small -- they stretch. If you have any old radial tires, don't throw them away yet. You may need to use one for a spare, as a new radial may be too big to fit under the seat. (Due to different handling characteristics of bias and radials, you should never mix them on a car .... but you may need to, if there's not enough room for a radial under the seat.)

You'll get a lot of information here on getting and keeping your car(s) on the road. Happy motoring! Roger

rogerbhp
360 Master

#4 Post by rogerbhp »

Here's more: When your wheels are apart, check the insides for rust. If you find any, the rims must be sanded smooth and painted. The rust is rough and can easily wear through the tube -- and we know what that means!

jody360

#5 Post by jody360 »

I would perfer radial tires. I will get pictures up asap. I have tons of them through out the years. Thanks

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#6 Post by 2stroketurbo »

Garm has tires and is a member! why not support him?

reallysmallcars.com

http://reallysmallcars.com/

he has more offerings than what is pictured on the site
ImageImageImage

rogerbhp
360 Master

#7 Post by rogerbhp »

Yeah, I forgot that he has tires, too.

jody360

#8 Post by jody360 »

What size radial tire fits the sedans?

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#9 Post by subaru360nut »

145X10

WELCOME TO THE CLUB JODY

We are all here to help. If your carburetor
or oil pump needs rebuilding I still do that,
or you can do it yourself, instructions in
the BOOK OF REPRINTS, available for free
download.

Ed Parsil in Tucson AZ
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

books1
360 Master

#10 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club from downunder, Jody! Just a heads-up on those old films: if you haven't already, PLEASE make digital copies whilst there's still some colour left in them! Is it on actual film, or video? Both deteriorate, but video usually sooner.

Looking forward to seeing piccys of the ol' girl!

Cheers,

Ian

oldone
360 Master

#11 Post by oldone »

Jody Welcome to the group, great story & also great that you are picking up his passion for the 360 & carrying it forward!!
Ian is on the right track on the film/video's, it's just one of his talents. Later we, I'm sure would very much enjoy any that you would care to share.

books1
360 Master

#12 Post by books1 »

[quote="oldone"]Jody Welcome to the group, great story & also great that you are picking up his passion for the 360 & carrying it forward!!
Ian is on the right track on the film/video's, it's just one of his talents. Later we, I'm sure would very much enjoy any that you would care to share.[/quote

Just to whet your appetite, here's a shot I had previously posted - my car before I owned it - in Japan (Hiroshima to be exact):

jody360

#13 Post by jody360 »

Wow. Thats cool. The guy in the background is checking out the car instead of the girl,I'm sure. Lol. Im having trouble figuring out how to get my pictures on here. I'm not very good with this kind of stuff.

books1
360 Master

#14 Post by books1 »

Jody, instructions for posting pics are at: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3575&p=27819&hilit ... da1#p27819

- and here in the Board Main Index: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29&sid=797c0d0aa84 ... cae9391da1

Garm
360 Master

#15 Post by Garm »

You can PM me about tires, I do have some radials in stock. Welcome to the wacky club.