New Member with a new truck Project

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

jwt101

New Member with a new truck Project

#1 Post by jwt101 »

Hi I'm Jerry. I live over on the Oregon coast. I have always wanted one of these neat little machines and I finally found a truck for sale here semi local so I went and got it. It has been parked since 1976 has 23000 miles. The story goes, the original owner used it around his ranch and to run around town then stored it away. He passed away the kids hauled it out into the field and left it to sit for a few years. The new neighbor ( the one I got it from) saw it out in the field, inquired about it and they gave it to him. He hauled it home put away in his garage for another few years always meaning to do something with it but it never got done. I brought it home on Monday. On Tuesday I had it running again after all those years. It has a broken clutch cable and the gas tank is missing but I think everything else is here. There is a fuel line ran into the bed so I think it has been gone for some time. It came with a few extra parts some nos parts and manual set and the original owners manual. Now the fun starts. Hope to get it yard driving in the next few weeks and go from there. look here for some pics http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/jwt101/library/

All the Best to everyone here.

oldone
360 Master

Re: New Member with a new truck Project

#2 Post by oldone »

Jerry Welcome aboard,you are heads up on posting pics!! :D :D That's a good looking truck. The gas tank, when you find one,will be a lot easier to install than the gas tank in the Opel GT!!! Please put your location in the thingie/avatar?? :? on the left, cause I/we will forget where your from :roll:

jwt101

#3 Post by jwt101 »

Thanks its not to bad compared to some I have fixed up before. I was looking at it getting ready to wash it up and thought I might be neat to just clear coat it and save it like it is. I never have been one to care about being the beauty queen.

oldone
360 Master

#4 Post by oldone »

Smokey the truck I'm now keeper of has his Org paint & patina. I also have a BMW 600 in the same condition, I've toyed with the idea of painting it? The Isetta R US Guy said this to me & it stuck,it's only ORG once! Don't clear coat it,just enjoy it. ORG doesn't hide anything :wink:
Last edited by oldone 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

oldone
360 Master

#5 Post by oldone »

I used MR Clean soft scrub to clean Smokey up.

carlofsumner
360 Master

#6 Post by carlofsumner »

Welcome to the club. You will get as much support as you want here. Your truck looks pretty good for having sat outside for several years.
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#7 Post by subaru360nut »

Welcome to The Club, Jerry!
Get to know the other members in your
area, especially Mark Hatten in Portland
(see roster for all contacts)
Hope to meet you at the big show in
Tacoma in July.

Ed Parsil in Tucson AZ
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#8 Post by 2stroketurbo »

Hi Jerry
We may have talked on the phone recently ? I recall a conversation about a truck on the coast. I will have a gas tank from a van that is rusty, but better than nothing, as it may be fixable. I believe the truck tanks are the same as van, and I am Semi Local to you.

here is the meet info Ed speaks of
Attachments
1654341_742680409090515_2146708539_n.png
ImageImageImage

books1
360 Master

#9 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club from downunder, Jerry....

You're fortunate enough to be located in one of the few hotbeds of Subaru 360 activity in the...... World! And you are also within driving distance (well, on a comparison to me, you are) of Mark (see 2stroketurbo message above this one), who is forever active in the Subaru 360 arena! (amongst many other micro cars)

Cheers,

Ian

jwt101

#10 Post by jwt101 »

I don't think I have talked to you yet anyways. I have always wanted to get up to Portland to see your cars and chat. I really love all the you tube videos. I was trying to figure out a custom tank but if you have one even a rusty old one it would be good for a pattern if nothing else. I grabbed this truck as soon as I saw it online. The owner was kind of shocked that I would buy it sight unseen. Just from his description I could tell it was worth it. If you do end up with a tank let me know. Thank You. Jerry

Subie Gal
Site Admin

#11 Post by Subie Gal »

welcome!! truck looks great for sitting for so long!

cannot wait to view the progress as you bring it back to life :mrgreen:
1970 360 Sambar Van aka Stanley
1970 360 Sambar Truck aka Dirty
1970 360 Sedan - yet to be named.
1970 Subaru FF-1

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#12 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome to the club. Your truck looks great. If you have any parts you need to get rid of let me know.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

Schmitty

#13 Post by Schmitty »

Welcome!! I'm a new member too. Your truck looks great and it's nice that you got so much history with it.

Jason