New from norcal

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

zacmaddry

New from norcal

#1 Post by zacmaddry »

hi my name is zac and i am an architect from norcal. my wife, 7 year old daughter and myself live in an old small house in south berkeley. my three year home remodel is about to finish up, and so a restoration project is seeming like a good next thing. i managed to find out about these subaru 360 vans, and have been obsessed ever since. my first car was a 67 vw squareback, and it taught me everything i know about autobody and mechanics - not a lot, but i love figuring stuff like that out. i am looking for a project car. something that is complete, and ideally a running motor in it, even if it doesn't drive. interior upholstery and paint do not need to be workable as i intend to do the down to bare metal restoration my high school finances precluded me from back in the day.

im already having a blast reviewing the forums.

-zac

rogerbhp
360 Master

Re: New from norcal

#2 Post by rogerbhp »

Welcome to the club, Zac. There's a lot of help and information here if you're willing to dig thru and find it. Unfortunately for prospective van buyers, there's not much to choose from .... and what is available tends to be spendy. That said, vans in varying condition do turn up from time to time. If you do find one you like, be prepared to pull the trigger promptly.

carlofsumner
360 Master

#3 Post by carlofsumner »

Welcome to the forum and club zac. You will find all the help you need among this group!
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

books1
360 Master

#4 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club from downunder, Zac!

Ya' see that smile on the bonnet of the 360? It's infectious like no other car I've known.....

:D

Cheers,

Ian

oldone
360 Master

#5 Post by oldone »

Welcome to the group. Great people here to help sort things out. Be patient & a van will come along.

jquiroz
360 Newbie

#6 Post by jquiroz »

Welcome Zac! I am a new owner of a 360 van myself and I'm located in NorCal (eastbay). My van is a near complete example. Let me know if you want a ride.

I'm loving every minute of ownership so far. What a fun little car.

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#7 Post by subaru360nut »

Zac - welcome to The Club! I would suggest you run an ad
in the next Newsletter (always free for members) and you
will reach all members and not just the ones who take the
time to converse on this website.

Just e-mail your ad to Brian.

Ed Parsil in Tucson
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!