new member in sacramento

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

nathank
360 Newbie

new member in sacramento

#1 Post by nathank »

I joined the club earlier this summer and have been learning all I can since then. I figured I would introduce myself and join the discussions. I bought my truck from a member in southern California, it's in pretty good shape and I should have it running soon. This is the truck that was converted to electric by GE if any of you are familiar with it I would appreciate some more info. I am a 2-stroke guy and work on mopeds for a living so I am taking out the electric motor because I am better with 2-strokes than I am with electronics. The electric conversion was pretty simple they replaced the crankshaft with a straight shaft that still uses the original clutch and transmission. I am really excited to get this truck back on the road and I hope I can help contribute to this club.

thanks, nathan

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

Re: new member in sacramento

#2 Post by 2stroketurbo »

Welcome!
I remember that truck. I'd like to buy or trade you cranks for the EV dummy belt drive crank you have there.... that is, if your interested.
ImageImageImage

nathank
360 Newbie

#3 Post by nathank »

I am up for a trade. there are a few parts i need to get my truck going email me, I'm sure we can work out a deal.

thanks, nathan.
nate@motomaticmopeds.com

carlofsumner
360 Master

#4 Post by carlofsumner »

Welcome to the forum Nate. Your expertise is welcome. You will find a wealth of knowledge here as well, as I'm sure you have already figured out.

CDJ
Sumner, WA
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

oldone
360 Master

#5 Post by oldone »

Nathan welcome to the club !! You have already contributed to the club for saving this really nice truck & more over for Smokey & me, putting it back so it can proudly SMOKE once again!! :wink:

books1
360 Master

#6 Post by books1 »

I'll second oldone's comments, Nathan - welcome to the Club!

Making a cool looking truck cooler! Good on yer for saving it!

Cheers,

Ian

nathank
360 Newbie

#7 Post by nathank »

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys. I have a bunch of little things that I want to do with this truck but mostly I just want to make it solid and reliable. Most of my experience is with smaller 2-strokes but it translates over pretty well. Could you guys tell me where I could find a key for my truck it is a G641?

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#8 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Would you happen to have any spare parts? I need a good panel that goes on the floor near the pedals for a truck. Bumpers too if their in good shape, I already have some so so bumpers. I could use Clearance and tail lights too.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

carlofsumner
360 Master

#9 Post by carlofsumner »

Nathan:

Just looked at your website and you do great work and I love the Yuba Bike. Now I need to find that black leather jacket I have around here somewhere!

CDJ
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

books1
360 Master

#10 Post by books1 »

nathank wrote:Thanks for making me feel welcome guys. (...) Most of my experience is with smaller 2-strokes (...)
Model aircraft? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(See? We've started already!)

StevenM
360 Master

#11 Post by StevenM »

nathank wrote:Could you guys tell me where I could find a key for my truck it is a G641?
Welcome to the club. I have a small collection of keys and locking door handles that I can check when I get home next week. Also, there is a member here, damiller8931, that you can PM - he has a collection of just about every key for the 360 (all originals I think), and can be convinced to make a copy of one at his local locksmith.

I trust you have all the manuals and the BOR?

Steve

'70 Subaru 360 Young http://www.mysubaru360.com
'71 Honda 600 Coupe http://www.honda600coupe.com
'78 MG Midget http://www.1978mgmidget.com

nathank
360 Newbie

#12 Post by nathank »

kjrcace360fan wrote:Would you happen to have any spare parts? I need a good panel that goes on the floor near the pedals for a truck. Bumpers too if their in good shape, I already have some so so bumpers. I could use Clearance and tail lights too.

I do have an extra one of those floor pannels for the pedals. It's not in the best shape but I think it can be fixed I might even be convinced to fix it and powdercoat it if you have some parts to trade me. I don't have any of the other parts you need sorry.

the parts I need are:

starter
distributor
oil pump drive shaft
generator pulley

nathank
360 Newbie

#13 Post by nathank »

StevenM wrote:
nathank wrote:Could you guys tell me where I could find a key for my truck it is a G641?
Welcome to the club. I have a small collection of keys and locking door handles that I can check when I get home next week. Also, there is a member here, damiller8931, that you can PM - he has a collection of just about every key for the 360 (all originals I think), and can be convinced to make a copy of one at his local locksmith.

I trust you have all the manuals and the BOR?

Steve

Thanks Steve if I can't find a key I might need to get a whole new handle but I will check around first. I have already checked out the manuals you have thanks for having those available.

nathank
360 Newbie

#14 Post by nathank »

books1 wrote:
nathank wrote:Thanks for making me feel welcome guys. (...) Most of my experience is with smaller 2-strokes (...)

pretty funny books but I have worked on model aircraft engines as well as dirt bikes, scooters, and mopeds. I have even been involved in moped racing.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#15 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Love R C model Airplanes. Do you need the oil pump shaft that is in the clutch housing or the one with the spiral teeth to turn the plunger shaft of the oil pump? I may have a starter, I have a bucket full of generators.

nathank
360 Newbie

#16 Post by nathank »

kjrcace360fan wrote:Love R C model Airplanes. Do you need the oil pump shaft that is in the clutch housing or the one with the spiral teeth to turn the plunger shaft of the oil pump? I may have a starter, I have a bucket full of generators.
I have a complete oil pump. I need the shaft and all the bits that go with it in the clutch housing. I still need to test the generator that I have, so I may end up using an alternator, but just in case do you have any voltage regulators?

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#17 Post by kjrcace360fan »

I know I have some voltage regulators I'm not using but I don't know how to test one. I bet it's in the BOR right, I'll look. I will have to check on the clutch housings and starter. I might have an extra.

books1
360 Master

#18 Post by books1 »

nathank wrote:
books1 wrote:

pretty funny books but I have worked on model aircraft engines as well as dirt bikes, scooters, and mopeds. I have even been involved in moped racing.
Two strokes rule!! :D (actually, I also like four strokes [read Honda], but that's not important right now)

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#19 Post by subaru360nut »

I have a spare oil pump drive shaft and if you need a complete clutch cover
with worm gear, bearings, etc. I have one of those too. E-MAIL me please
if you want either of these, or my 8-page parts etc. lists.

Ed
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!