New member (Joe)

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

mrhavi

New member (Joe)

#1 Post by mrhavi »

Hello Subaru 360 members!

My name is Chris and my good friend Joe and I are trying to get his 1970 360 van back on the road.

Although, we are encountering some problems sourcing various parts such as:

Carburetor
Distributor cap/points
Brakes

We are in the Orange County/SoCal area and any/all leads would be greatly appreciated!
(714) 329-0055
*I'm currently working on getting some pics uploaded to document the progress! (Stay tuned)

Thanks!

carlofsumner
360 Master

Re: New member (Joe)

#2 Post by carlofsumner »

Welcome Chris and Joe. There are several members in socal so I will let them speak for themselves, but I am sure you will find all the help you need here to get the van back on the road.
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#3 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome to the club, can't wait to see the pics. If I can help just let me know. I have only one truck and It's missing some parts. Two running sedans and three parts cars I want to get running.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

mrhavi

#4 Post by mrhavi »

Thanks guys! We appreciate your throwin out a shout and are really diggin' all the cool stuff listed on the forum- Very cool!

books1
360 Master

#5 Post by books1 »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Club from downunder.... ready-made hot replacement engines, furry animal skin seat covers, unlimited rare parts cheap from Japan........... NONE of that is available here, but if it's advice, assistance, moral support, encouragement and easily-accessible digital reproductions of manuals and parts books you require, then you've come to the right place! :D

Cheers,

Ian

rogerbhp
360 Master

#6 Post by rogerbhp »

Welcome from a SoCal Subaru fan!! If you're inclined to look at my finished truck, you're welcome to visit me in Arcadia. I'll call you soon!! Roger Ward

books1
360 Master

#7 Post by books1 »

You folk are sooooo lucky to live near one another (I know, I'm talking about the ones in the same States, you know, those "within cooee" of each other!)

- of my nearest owners (2 x 450 "Maias") in the whole State of Western Australia (965,000 square miles), one is in a museum where there are no Subaru 360 enthusiasts to speak of (or to) and the other is a fellow car club (SIVA - Special Interest Vehicle Association) member who regards his Maia as too far gone for restoration, so it is to remain as "yard art" (a quaint expression used to cover the fact that the vehicle is currently parked in a paddock and will remain so until infinity or beyond or until rust finally wins the day).

Close buddies envy..... :cry:

mrhavi

#8 Post by mrhavi »

Thanks for the moral support guys! I'm stoked to hear from fellow enthusiasts. It's become very apparent that it definitely takes a community effort to maintain these unique vehicles. It's been a tad overwhelming at first, but this forum gives us much needed confidence in this endeavor!

Definitely look forward to hearing from you Roger.. We'd really dig to come up and check out your truck sometime!

Ian- keep the faith down under! I look forward to getting you some pics of the progress as we restore this van.

8)

blackmarketpandas
360 Fanatic

#9 Post by blackmarketpandas »

Greetings from San Diego. I think you'll find points alternatives easily on this forum as well as lots on brakes. I'll look around and see what I've got.

mrhavi

#10 Post by mrhavi »

blackmarketpandas wrote:Greetings from San Diego. I think you'll find points alternatives easily on this forum as well as lots on brakes. I'll look around and see what I've got.
Thanks! I'd definitely appreciate it..

oldone
360 Master

#11 Post by oldone »

Chris & Joe welcome to the club ,as everyone else has said your in good hands here!

mrhavi

#12 Post by mrhavi »

oldone wrote:Chris & Joe welcome to the club ,as everyone else has said your in good hands here!
Thanks oldone- We're happy to be in the mix! Once we source a couple parts it shouldn't take very long to get her going.. :)

Mike72
360 Fanatic

#13 Post by Mike72 »

Welcome. I must say i have been on here for about a month now and it is great. could'nt do it without u guys . The club will make it easy
68 sedanImage