My 360

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

gregw98

My 360

#1 Post by gregw98 »

Got my 360 last weekend and been going through it. It has original tires still on it and only 830 original miles on the car. I bought it from a member that had it in a museum for the last 4 years. My seller bought it from the original owner that drove it to the grocery store every weekend, and that was it. The tires are split, cracked and dry rotted thought they have hardly any wear on them. I order new tires which will be here in a few days.
I decided, bad tires and all, that I wanted to take it to our local cruise night. Well, needless to say, it was the Belle of the Ball. People swarmed it with a ton of questions. I swear they were drooling on it. Even though it has barely enough miles to be broken in, the paint is tired and a few dents in the passenger door, it didn't deter the people from being all over it. I even won a bucket full of wash and detail items. I loved the attention it was getting, proving that I made a wise decision in buying it. I really wanted a van and still might sell the car and get a van.
I am a VW and a classic Chevy fan. I have a couple of each.

carlofsumner
360 Master

Re: My 360

#2 Post by carlofsumner »

Outstanding buy. I am amazed at the low mileage. What a deal.
Carl D
1968 Ultra Van 400 - referred to as a whale and named The Righteous Coach
1970 Subaru sedan- referred to as an Orca chaser

oldone
360 Master

#3 Post by oldone »

Welcome to the club.Really nice survivor driver I hope you keep it that way. 8)

rogerbhp
360 Master

#4 Post by rogerbhp »

Welcome to the club! Let us know if you need any help with your new car.

StevenM
360 Master

#5 Post by StevenM »

Welcome to the club! That's a real nice sedan you've got there - congrats.

Are you saying that you bought a 360 with under 1k miles on it, AND it runs, drives and stops, right "out of the box"?? Wow.

BTW if you need any manuals, see below. If you need the BOR or latest clubmember roster or newsletter, write me at stevenm@optonline.net

Steve

'70 Subaru 360 Young http://www.mysubaru360.com
'71 Honda 600 Coupe http://www.honda600coupe.com
'78 MG Midget http://www.1978mgmidget.com

2stroketurbo
360 Master
Location: Portland Or. Where we avg 77 days of sunshine per year. Whoopee!

#6 Post by 2stroketurbo »

amazing time capsule
ImageImageImage

books1
360 Master

#7 Post by books1 »

Welcome to the Club from downunder!

..... check the boot for stray hippies... :mrgreen:

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#8 Post by kjrcace360fan »

If you need a place to store it and don't mind me unhooking the speedometer I have space in my garage. 8)

Spud might get jealous but he would get over it.

Welcome to the club. Nice looking 360.

I'm a Chevy guy too. and I restored a bug, it would be in the hands of a like minded individual.

Your driveway looks like mine except I now have two daily driven subies, our token GM trip van and one 360.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

gregw98

#9 Post by gregw98 »

I also have a 1965 Chevy van. Lots of trips taken in it. Most were when it was still in the driveway. jk

Got my new tires today. Bought them on Ebay for $180.00 delivered. My Toyota truck tires cost the same price ---- each. Anyway, you have any idea how hard it is to remove a tire from a rim that has been on for 43 years? I felt like I was wrestling with a bear. The treads on the original whitewalls was great, the two back tires still had the rubber whiskers on them. Not one patched tube in the bunch, but the tires were so cracked and split, you could almost see the tubes. Can't wait to take it for a spin tomorrow. Now with the temps reaching the high 90s, I need to figure out how to turn the heater off in this car.