New member from St. Louis!

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

vwbilly

New member from St. Louis!

#1 Post by vwbilly »

Just a quick intro-my son and I have been into the oddball cars for a while. We have had a Citroen 2cv, Honda z600, some VW's and a few others. I have been looking for a Subaru 360 and finally found a non-running Deluxe in Illinois for $975. It comes with an extra engine and some other parts (not sure, I didn't dig through) but the problem is rust. The bad rust is confined to the driver floor and rocker panel. The rocker is shot except for the top piece of it. Has anyone repaired a rocker either with new steel or a rocker from a parts car? I really like the car, tires are wasted, missing the jack, needs a little body work. Thanks and if anyone knows of any other 360's around here please let me know! I am looking forward to being an owner soon. I have a 1961 Corvair Rampside and would love one of the Subaru Rampside trucks.

Thanks,

Will in St. Louis

Garm
360 Master

Re: New member from St. Louis!

#2 Post by Garm »

welcome to the Club! There is more than one member here dealing with rust issues like that, I'm sure you'll get some great advice.

Pics when you get it!

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#3 Post by subaru360nut »

Welcome to the Club! The whole purpose of the Club has always been to help each other keep our 360s on the road and running on BOTH cylinders.

Somewhere on this website Mark H has posted videos of replacing the entire floor in a minicar. Probably under EXTERIOR or GENERAL headings. I think it may help you.

Ed Parsil, Tucson AZ
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

rogerbhp
360 Master

#4 Post by rogerbhp »

Welcome to the club!! I have a newly restored pickup .... and I have a 1962 Rampside, also. The plan is to restore the Rampside and then take both restored trucks to car shows, park them side by side with the ramps down and put a sign in the windshield saying "When I grow up, I want to be a Corvair."

Parts for microcars are always a challenge - particularly for 360s - but if you do your homework and study many of the past posts here, you should be able to get it handled. Good luck!!

books1
360 Master

#5 Post by books1 »

Have Subie.... "Will" travel ??

:D

Welcome to the Club from downunder, Will!