New 360 owner in AZ

Place to come in and say HI to the club after you have registered

Moderators: Subie Gal, 2stroketurbo

Rialclark

New 360 owner in AZ

#1 Post by Rialclark »

Hello, my name is Clark and I just bought 2 Subaru 360's this past week! One parts car that the body got cut off for a derby car and the other that is almost complete, I know I will need to get front and rear windows and new tires all the way around! Anyone know the best place to get tires? And how much they cost? I got a sweet deal on the 360s, e guy is moving and has to many projects so I ran over as fast as I could and got them both! I will post pictures soon just need to read through the "how to" on images. This is a great site! I have already learned a lot from reading past posts! This is my first restore ever and I'm excited that it's a 360! Had to just about sign my life away to get my wife to okay the project!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rialclark/ ... 241215485/
Last edited by Rialclark 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Garm
360 Master

Re: New 360 owner in AZ

#2 Post by Garm »

Welcome to the club. The car will grow on her, as it did with mine. She now says "you're not going to sell that one, are you?" -- an excellent thing.

I have reproduction windshields, and members will generally come up with whatever part you need as you go along. This site helped me turn mine into a driver in a very short time; and it's my first vintage project too.

Rialclark

#3 Post by Rialclark »

I think she will warm up to it a lot once it's driving with a paint job! How much are the windows? And do you have the front and back?

Rialclark

#4 Post by Rialclark »

Also is there a list of things to do before I start it for the first time? I have two complete motors between the two but not sure if there is a list that can be checked off before I try to start it for the first time?

wv360
360 Master

#5 Post by wv360 »

Rialclark wrote:Also is there a list of things to do before I start it for the first time? I have two complete motors between the two but not sure if there is a list that can be checked off before I try to start it for the first time?
Thoroughly read the Book (Bible) of Reprints! :D If you haven't orderd it yet, it is a must and worth the money and does have several pages for us who bought mistreated 360's.

Subie Gal
Site Admin

#6 Post by Subie Gal »

really glad to have you here :) welcome!

Tell your wife it will be okay, we will help you with your project :mrgreen:

You do need the "BOR" - book of reprints
It's available on line now, so if you do not have a copy, let one of us know and we will get you aimed in the right direction
now... post those pics! :wink:
1970 360 Sambar Van aka Stanley
1970 360 Sambar Truck aka Dirty
1970 360 Sedan - yet to be named.
1970 Subaru FF-1

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#7 Post by subaru360nut »

Clark - welcome! Where are you in AZ? I'm in Tucson, e-mail me (see Roster for my e-mail address) and come see me when you can.

I'm headed for the big show in Upland CA next Friday - any chance yo0u will be going there?

Ed Parsil
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

Rialclark

#8 Post by Rialclark »

I was trying to figure out how to get out of some commitments to be able to go but as of right now I don't think I will be able to go but if I do it will be last minute. Is this the only meet in our area for a while?

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#9 Post by subaru360nut »

Yes, but next year will probably be in AZ somewhere.

Watch the EVENTS / MEETS section on this site for upcoming meets in other areas.

Ed
300,000+ miles on Subaru 360s since Feb. 1975, and have never (yet) been stuck on the road with one!

rogerbhp
360 Master

#10 Post by rogerbhp »

Welcome to the club!!! You'll find a lot of help here ... but parts are always difficult (and can be costly) ... but driving the cars makes it all worthwhile. You should really try to get to Upland this weekend. I'm having brain surgery on the 31st and am still trying and hoping to be there.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#11 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Welcome to the club! Glad to have another or two 360's on the mend. Haven't been here long but was lucky enough to find a 360 that only needed brake work and a mild tune up to get going. I have been lucky enough to drive it around my parents yard. Of the six wheel cylinders 4 are leaking and the rubber line going to the other two is blocked. It will stop on level ground. And I believe my parts car is going to make it back to the road some day too. If I can help just pm me I'll see what I can do.
Spud the Orange Young, Hippie (Sold), DB1 Yatch car, DB2 Cheesburger dune buggy

Rialclark

#12 Post by Rialclark »

Oh and Ed I live in Mesa,and how do I find out about prices for your rebuilds?

Rialclark

#13 Post by Rialclark »

Just curious what is the main event of the upland meeting? I am sure it's a blast seeing everyone's cars but are there parts or anything like that?

Rialclark

#14 Post by Rialclark »

I don't have the BOR, is that here? Or where can I get it online?

Garm
360 Master

#15 Post by Garm »

If you're on Facebook, just search "Unique Little Car Show".

There is also a thread for it here under "Events".

It's a large micro car show (micro defined as less than 1000cc displacement) in downtown Upland, CA.

I believe they have just about 100 cars registered. Last time I checked, there were only two Subarus registered, and my sorry little driver was one of them. This will be my first time driving 50 miles one way. :shock:

Rialclark

#16 Post by Rialclark »

Photos of my new babies!

The previous owner (barry some of you may know him he runs a few subaru forums and after market parts shop online) He had taken everything out to take it to the body shop and get the paint done, my plan is to get it running do the body work my self and drive it to the paint shop. :mrgreen:

And where can I find the BOR?

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#17 Post by subaru360nut »

You can get the BOR 3 ways - online, on CD, or printed.

If you can't find this info on the website please e-mail me (use a large font) and I will tell you how to get the version you want.

Ed

subaru360nut
Club Founder - 360 Guru

#18 Post by subaru360nut »

Rialclark wrote:Oh and Ed I live in Mesa,and how do I find out about prices for your rebuilds?
If you will E-MAIL me (see Roster) I will send my 8-page lists including rebuilts.

Ed

Garm
360 Master

#19 Post by Garm »

That's a WILD steering wheel

StevenM
360 Master

#20 Post by StevenM »

And where can I find the BOR?
Clark,
See my PM about downloading the BOR.
Steve

'70 Subaru 360 Young http://www.mysubaru360.com
'71 Honda 600 Coupe http://www.honda600coupe.com
'78 MG Midget http://www.1978mgmidget.com

Rialclark

#21 Post by Rialclark »

Okay I got the BOR, great help! Thank you!

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#22 Post by kjrcace360fan »

Just curious if you have any use for the floor boards of the car that has the body cut off? I could use those if they are in good shape. Please let me know.

Subie Gal
Site Admin

#23 Post by Subie Gal »

Rialclark wrote:Photos of my new babies!

The previous owner (barry some of you may know him he runs a few subaru forums and after market parts shop online) He had taken everything out to take it to the body shop and get the paint done, my plan is to get it running do the body work my self and drive it to the paint shop. :mrgreen:

cool :mrgreen:

Just added you as a contact on flickr (Inspiredphotos) - I'll be eager to follow your progress :) so keep posting pics!
1970 360 Sambar Van aka Stanley
1970 360 Sambar Truck aka Dirty
1970 360 Sedan - yet to be named.
1970 Subaru FF-1

Rialclark

#24 Post by Rialclark »

The floor boards are in amazing condition in the cut up one but I have to see if mine are solid enough to use, I think both are in my cars are good I just haven't inspected them to well, if they are I will be happy to pass along the others! I shold know this weekend, PM me this Sat. Or Sun. Incase I forget.

kjrcace360fan
360 Master

#25 Post by kjrcace360fan »

will do. unperforated floor boards are just what the hippie 360 needs. If you need part of them I would still be interested in the remains. I will pm this weekend or monday at the latest.